MT Draw Results - 2021

bsnedeker

WKR
Anyone else compulsively checking FWP website to check for draw results? They have until the end of the week but if last year is any indication they may hit as early as today. I put in for a couple of easy-to-draw rifle permits for elk and mule deer so I'm hoping to draw one of them hopefully.

Good luck to everyone!

hunterjmj

WKR
Hoping I'll draw a bull permit. Going in with 6 points.
I think it was 2 years ago when something went wrong and they postponed the drawing a week. That was one of the longest weeks ever.

Kilboars

WKR
Ok. Riddle me this?

I got.

Successful
2021 General Big Game Combo (Released)

Then just below:

Not Successful
2021 General - Big Game Combo

You have to draw a bull permit in this area I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chad E

WKR
Ok. Riddle me this?

I got.

Successful

Then just below:

Not Successful

You didn't draw in the initial draw hence the unsuccessful result. But when folks turned down their general tags because they didn't pull a limited entry permit you were awarded one of their released combos. So you get the distinction of being both unsuccessful and successful but bottom line is you will be hunting montana this year.

Ok. Riddle me this?

I got.

Successful

Then just below:

Not Successful

You got a general tag, the information you provided does not apply to any bull permit (Permit= Limited entry, not general tag)

slim9300

WKR
You didn't draw in the initial draw hence the unsuccessful result. But when folks turned down their general tags because they didn't pull a limited entry permit you were awarded one of their released combos. So you get the distinction of being both unsuccessful and successful but bottom line is you will be hunting montana this year.

Yep I had this two years ago. I was a tad stressed at the time. I thought it meant I opted to release my tags since I didn’t draw my LE unit.

whaack

WKR

Is mine the same? I swear I’m a smart fella but MT regs are a PITA.

fff0da82e6365637be355002bb068e77.jpg

Chad E

WKR
Is mine the same? I swear I’m a smart fella but MT regs are a PITA.

fff0da82e6365637be355002bb068e77.jpg

Wow...yours situation is slightly out of my knowledge base as I didn't believe you could draw limited entry with a release license. Unless it's happening in real time and each subsequent le code immediately credits released licenses and your limited entry code came later in the series. Anyways that's just me spitballing. Bottom line your draw report has you holding both a general elk combo and a permit. Your headed to montana this fall.

Kilboars

WKR
Thanks Chad.

I had the same thing happen last year.

5th year with no bull tag but glad to have the combo again.

One more--i am confused because my application does not say released? Only applied for a deer combo. I had 1 point and purchased a point in this draw so technically I had 2. Thanks for any insight!
ef9efbd0d82f43b823d45d717a4b0b3c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Chad E

WKR
Thanks Chad.

I had the same thing happen last year.

5th year with no bull tag but glad to have the combo again.

No problem happy to help out on one of the most confusing draw schemes ever. My knowledge comes from being in the same boat as you are in years past and the confusion that comes with it.

Chad E

WKR
One more--i am confused because my application does not say released? Only applied for a deer combo. I had 1 point and purchased a point in this draw so technically I had 2. Thanks for any insight!
ef9efbd0d82f43b823d45d717a4b0b3c.jpg

I hate to tell you but your draw report says you did not draw. Point creep is a bitch. Get on the alternate list if you want to go to Montana this year.

I hate to tell you but your draw report says you did not draw. Point creep is a bitch. Get on the alternate list if you want to go to Montana this year.
All good. Its bound to happen!

Thanks for the clarification. They really need to work on having "successful" and "not successful" on the same page.

Chad E

WKR
All good. Its bound to happen!

Thanks for the clarification. They really need to work on having "successful" and "not successful" on the same page.

I agree I generally apply across the west most years. Montana is the only state I'm familiar with where you can be both unsuccessful and successful on the same draw in the same day and end up with the same tag.

slim9300

WKR
Wow...yours situation is slightly out of my knowledge base as I didn't believe you could draw limited entry with a release license. Unless it's happening in real time and each subsequent le code immediately credits released licenses and your limited entry code came later in the series. Anyways that's just me spitballing. Bottom line your draw report has you holding both a general elk combo and a permit. Your headed to montana this fall.

Insane. I was told in 2018 that you are not eligible for the LE tags if you get a released tag after being unsuccessful on the general draw. You must be right. They must have changed the rules.

I was feeling pretty confident after drawing a combo last year with a single PP but struck out this year. Reevaluating and considering options now.