MT Draw Results

Best of luck on your goat tag Gumbo! A suggestion I have is to take LOTS of pictures from the time you start scouting, when you are hunting, and just sitting around camp at the end of a long day. I'd think of it like a Once In A Lifetime tag (which moose, sheep, and goat should be). You will treasure those pictures and memories forever, and it sounds like your two little ones will have an amazing time helping dad look for his goat! At the end of your adventure take and put the pictures that you like (many of them) onto a CD to have and to look at. I like photo albums too and I printed a lot of pictures to put in a special album which was dedicated to my goat hunt when I was lucky enough to draw. It seems like photo albums are nice as you can just go to the shelf where the album is located and pull it down to look at and to share with others. Yes it's nice to have the pictures saved on a computer, but it's hard to beat pictures you can hold and look at.

S.Clancy

WKR
I drew a moose tag with max bonus points. I fat fingered/ dyslexia’ed the unit numbers and accidentally drew a unit I know nothing about.

Time to try and figure it out. If anybody wants to give me some help/info on HD 343 - North of Helena I’m all ears. Thanks.
I live in Helena now, only elk hunted in that unit. I'll be spending some time up there this summer, I'll keep you posted if I run into moose.

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
2020......not happening, again. And with 17 points!!!! Nada. Zip.
I have no luck with draws, that is for sure...

jmav58

WKR
ea2d6c7d8c6f4d3932bcd43b9fd1c796.jpg

What is a bison license?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
I’m sorry but does this mean I can hunt bison this year?

Unfortunately not, it just means you can have to give that license to someone on Rokslide. Preferably someone named Brad and then they can hunt.

Lol, yeah bro, you got a bison license! I'm not sure why they call it a license vs. a permit, but you got the Yellowstone license good for either sex bison from Nov. 15 to Feb. 15. Make some calls to the FWP down there and they will tell you everything you need to know. Congrats man, that is my most coveted license! You'll be eating like a king!

Trial153

WKR
Unbelievable that didn't draw my breaks sheep tag. I was a shoe in. I am floored.

Legend

WKR
Jmav58 congrats on the bison. So you passed the first step and drew. Now you need to get lucky and have bison come out of the park. If I where in your shoes I would wait to buy the full license (at this point you have only paid application fee) until you know there is something on public land to hunt.

Good luck and you will want a snowmobile.

PablitoPescador

Lil-Rokslider
ea2d6c7d8c6f4d3932bcd43b9fd1c796.jpg

What is a bison license?

I drew that tag last season and it was a major kick in the d*ck. They never came out of the park during the season and I ate tag soup. Supposedly some of the tribal hunters killed a couple outside the park on November 15. I hunted that day but never saw anything. If I were you I would hunt the opener and try to kill one that is out of the park at that time because the tribe pushes them back into the park quick. It takes a lot of snow to move them out of the park.

jmav58

WKR
I drew that tag last season and it was a major kick in the d*ck. They never came out of the park during the season and I ate tag soup. Supposedly some of the tribal hunters killed a couple outside the park on November 15. I hunted that day but never saw anything. If I were you I would hunt the opener and try to kill one that is out of the park at that time because the tribe pushes them back into the park quick. It takes a lot of snow to move them out of the park.
Gotcha, Thanks for that advice.

Mtnboy

WKR
Idaho ish would be sweet oil and can only only apply for 1 of the 3 at a time that way a guy can still draw elk deer and antelope

If you put in for Moose, Sheep or Goat in Idaho you can't be in the Deer, Elk, Antelope draw except for 'Unlimited' tags, that is what makes our odds for Moose, Sheep, Goat so good.