MT Elk Lawsuit

Legend

WKR
Born and raised in Montana and it's really been sad to see what is happening before our eyes. We did this to ourselves when we chose to vote in rich transplants like Gianforte and Rosendale just because they have an "R" next to their name. UPOM and outfitters seem to be emboldened right now due to the politicial leadership we currently have.

I consider myself a trophy hunter and I'd love to see FWP implement cow only hunting until elk are either reduced to objective levels or objective numbers are changed to what they should be. Everyone's true colors would show in a hurry.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Cow only hunting in all of the "over objective " units would solve the issue in a hurry. It won't change the elk numbers but at least we would see what the real issue is.....trophy hunting.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Cow only hunting in all of the "over objective " units would solve the issue in a hurry. It won't change the elk numbers but at least we would see what the real issue is.....trophy hunting.
Cow only hunting won't get you there if the big ranches filing suit won't let cow hunters on their property.
Reminds me of Texas hogs. Millions of $$ in destruction...help me, help me. OH...you want to hunt hogs? $300/day with 2 hog limit.

bigsky2

Lil-Rokslider
Cow only hunting won't get you there if the big ranches filing suit won't let cow hunters on their property.
Reminds me of Texas hogs. Millions of $$ in destruction...help me, help me. OH...you want to hunt hogs? $300/day with 2 hog limit.
There's a big difference between trophy bull elk and hogs. I think if landowners couldn't hunt bulls they would be letting people on to shoot cows or pushing FWP to raise objectives in a hurry.

Legend

WKR
Who cares if they give access. It takes away their incentive to buy land and attempt to raise trophy elk.

Real ranches won't care if it is cow only hunting....just the trophy out of state money landowners.

There should be one question asked by the judge to the landowners bringing forth the suit.

“If elk are a problem on your property, why aren’t you participating in block management?”

Case dismissed.

The state is certainly giving these assholes the means to manage the elk on their property, they are just choosing not to use them because they can’t make money off the solution.

So...in your mind we are "letting" a bunch of californians into the state?

How exactly would you stop it? Should we pass a law that only residents can purchase land and homes in MT?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Vancouver, BC has tried/done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk