MT elk unit 580

MIhunt44

FNG
hunting MT on a general tag for the first time. focusing on unit 580 for plan A, at this point. ive done my homework and have numerous drainages picked out to look at. i am not asking where the elk are or the good spots, but i do have some questions in regards to access, hunter pressure, elevation to focus on, etc. if anyone has any knowledge of the area they would be willing to share shoot me a pm and we can talk hunting.
thank you

birdman25

FNG
hunting MT on a general tag for the first time. focusing on unit 580 for plan A, at this point. ive done my homework and have numerous drainages picked out to look at. i am not asking where the elk are or the good spots, but i do have some questions in regards to access, hunter pressure, elevation to focus on, etc. if anyone has any knowledge of the area they would be willing to share shoot me a pm and we can talk hunting.
thank you
Looking to hunt unit 580 this year also and wondering how your experience was? Any success?

DWBMontana

Lil-Rokslider
580 has LOT'S of elk, If you are seeking public access, it will be very limited. Also, 580 is divided , south of Sweet Grass creek general tag is good for a spike or cow, north of Sweet Grass creek, either sex elk. Good luck this fall, the Crazy's are a truly special area.

birdman25

FNG
580 has LOT'S of elk, If you are seeking public access, it will be very limited. Also, 580 is divided , south of Sweet Grass creek general tag is good for a spike or cow, north of Sweet Grass creek, either sex elk. Good luck this fall, the Crazy's are a truly special area.
Any chance you could PM me? Just have some questions about possible access points from a local’s perspective if you would be willing to give some input.

There is literally Only a few FS roads that go in. A primary one in the north. One in the central and few acces points in the south. Unless you got private access. From there it's two feet and a heartbeat. Love the crazies