MT native forced to be in Wa

400orBust

FNG
Longtime lurker, finally became member as I needed to zoom in on a photo and only members can open pics! Thought I'd do this right in any case...
Was born and raised in MT. My father was a phenomenal big game biologist for MT (been retired for long time though) so I've had the privilege to learn many hunting spots all over the state. I've lived in the Portland metro area for 20 years due to work but go back to MT hunting every year. I'm fortunate enough to have got a public land, DIY, bull every year so far with either archery or firearm. Elk are my main focus. I typically hunt solo but occasionally with my father or father-in-law. I enjoy hunting with others but it is hard to find people compatible with me/my hunting style that are willing to pay the price (both financially & time-wise to hunt). I really appreciate rokslide, even as a lurker you can learn alot. Hopefully I can contribute some now although I don't spend a ton of time online.

Good luck in WA! You’ve gone from porterhouse steak to cold bologna... good forum for info tho.

Tmac

WKR
Welcome. Keep Portland weird is no longer even close to accurate. It’s gone way past that... Just south of looney town myself.