MT Region 329

1jasonw1

FNG
Hey everybody. I drew a goat tag MT 329. I live up north by Kalispell, anyone know this area? Just trying to get familiar before I head that way scouting in July.

Thanks!

damxam

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats it’s fun country up there, fair amount of goats

OP

1jasonw1

FNG
Thanks! I’ve heard great things about the area. Can not wait to start scouting/exploring

psinclair

FNG
Good unit. True back country hunt. I drew it in 2016 after applying 39 years.

Lots of G-bears. In fact there was a large boar grizzly within 200 yards of my billy when I shot him...

Waiting for good hair can be a risk. Very hard to access after it starts snowing.

Enjoy it!

OP

1jasonw1

FNG
Good unit. True back country hunt. I drew it in 2016 after applying 39 years.

Lots of G-bears. In fact there was a large boar grizzly within 200 yards of my billy when I shot him...

Waiting for good hair can be a risk. Very hard to access after it starts snowing.

Enjoy it!
Thank you for the info! I got my tag early, 34 yrs of applying. Thanks for the Griz tip, I’m used to encountering them up here in the Flathead. Lots of maulings so far this year already. I am planning to hunt early due to the weather factor.

OP

1jasonw1

FNG
Thank you for the info! I got my tag early, 34 yrs of applying. Thanks for the Griz tip, I’m used to encountering them up here in the Flathead. Lots of maulings so far this year already. I am planning to hunt early due to the weather factor.
Any info you could provide on where you took your goat?