MT Unit 250

400orBust

Hi all. I drew Montana 250 this year. Does anyone have experience there, or helpful tips to share?

Also, anyone know of a UTV rental place in the Bitterroot or Missoula? I'm heading back there next week and would like to do some scouting with my family. Would be interested in renting two 4 seaters for a a day.

Thanks!

Indian Summer

I lived there and outfitted there for 12 years. Hunted it for 30. Punched my last 13 tags in a row there. Shoot me a pm with your email address and we can go from there. There are some monsters in that unit these days. Congrats on drawing that permit!

mtjimbo

Thanks...pm will be on the way as soon as the site allows in a day or two since I'm a new user.
Is it by time? Or do you have to comment on a certain amount of things ? I thought that's what I had to do maybe I'm thinking of something else though. Congrats on 250! I live in 240

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP

400orBust

It is 10 posts and 7 days...which is today, but then may take up to 24 hrs for system to approve.
I grew up in the valley and all my family and my wife's family still lives there, we're the only knuckleheads who don't!

mtjimbo

It is 10 posts and 7 days...which is today, but then may take up to 24 hrs for system to approve.
I grew up in the valley and all my family and my wife's family still lives there, we're the only knuckleheads who don't!
Ahhh gotcha. I came from up in eureka and moved to stevi 4 years ago and now I've loved in Darby for 1. Great place to live haha

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP

400orBust

So I scouted 250 for a week on my TW200. A lot (most) of the trails were not maintained. I saw quite a few elk but on my way out speaking with locals found out I should've been scouting in a different part of the unit. It was nice to spend some time there before season and get a better lay of the land. I also saw a very nice whitetail that better watch his back if I get an elk down and am bored! If anyone else on here has this tag and is interested in potentially working together let me know. I typically solo hunt but am willing to share info or at least camping plans in case someone gets in a bind.