MTN Ops free elk fit program

Teaman1

WKR
Would like to hear results from anyone that’s used it in the past. Seems simple but could be good. Showed it to my dad and he’s trying it for our October hunt this fall

Looks like a will balanced program. For folks who have no idea what to do (like ne), it looks like a good program.

And 3 times per week seems like a great place to start and sustainable. The real hardcore guys might want more days but it seems better to start with something less intimidating.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I bet that it is like marathon training plans. You can get beginner plans that will let you go the distance. You can get advanced plans that let you go much faster.

Like marathon plans, it makes sense to start with the beginner plan. You don't have the background to just jump into the 6 day a week advanced training plan.

And this plan seems solid. It should let you complete your first marathon of elk hunting.

But... all that is just speculation. I would also like to hear from experienced elk hunters and especially ones that used this program.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

MMOATSY

FNG
Thanks for asking about this, I intend to try it out...mix it up a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
I started the program 2 weeks ago but just as a way to try and get back into shape. I like it so far. It's hard for me but I like pushing myself. I opted to run through the exercises as 4 circuits instead of doing 4 sets of exercise 1, 4 sets of exercise 2, etc...

XRoss93

FNG
It seems like a good program. Something I just don’t understand and maybe I missed it while glancing over it, but how long does each phase last before you go on to the next one?

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
It seems like a good program. Something I just don’t understand and maybe I missed it while glancing over it, but how long does each phase last before you go on to the next one?

The program didn't explicitly specify how long each phase is, but it did say it's a 90 day program. So 3 phases... 90 days........

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
So I'm guessing roughly a month each phase
Yea - or whatever works for the amount of time that you want to devote to it. That's whats so great about it... it's flexible to you. If you like more variety then just do 2 weeks per phase, so you can get to the other phases sooner. Then at the end of 6 weeks, start over. That'll be about 90 days too.

XRoss93

FNG
Yea - or whatever works for the amount of time that you want to devote to it. That's whats so great about it... it's flexible to you. If you like more variety then just do 2 weeks per phase, so you can get to the other phases sooner. Then at the end of 6 weeks, start over. That'll be about 90 days too.

Good thinking

Lowg08

WKR
I have been doing my own version of it. Considering hotel can’t exactly offer all
I need. It does work well though

JustinNC

FNG
Going into my second week of this. Was searching for something I could do around the house with no equipment and minimal help. I'm used to functional, work muscles, and not having to work out. A promotion at work took me out of the game so to speak, so Im behind the 8-ball on fitness. This was tough for me the first week, but I noticed while doing planks in phase 1 (4-30sec), I could already muster them much more easily than I could with the program I was on before where it was 15sec holds. Leg day is here again tomorrow, soooo, we'll see just how much more improved I am this week over last.

grfox92

WKR
I'm bumping this to the top to see if anyone might have this workout saved somewhere. It appears they took it off the website. I'm looking for a routine to follow when I come off the push pull routine I'm on now.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

I'm bumping this to the top to see if anyone might have this workout saved somewhere. It appears they took it off the website. I'm looking for a routine to follow when I come off the push pull routine I'm on now.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk
Technically it's just the 20min run to start each workout but I like to alternate between running and hitting the stair machine with a weighted pack to try to simulate hiking as best as I can. I also like the sprinkle a few things in here and there on my own but this is the base of the workout MTN Ops had on their website.

Mon: Lower Body
-20 minute distance run or weighted hike/stair machine with pack
-squats 4x20
-step ups 4x20
-bulgarian split squat 4x20
-lunges 4x20
-calf raises 4x30
-tic tac toe (abs) 4x20

Wed: Upper Body
-20 minute elevation run or weighted hike/stair machine with pack
-bent over row 4x20
-push ups 4x20
-shoulder press 4x20
-tricep dips 4x20
-good mornings 4x20
-weighted sit ups 4x30

Fri: Core
-20 minute distance or elevation run (HIIT) or
weighted hike/stair machine with pack
-bicycles 4x30sec
-front plank 4x30sec
-side planks 4x30sec
-leg lift holds 4x30sec
-hill climbers 4x30sec

grfox92

WKR
Technically it's just the 20min run to start each workout but I like to alternate between running and hitting the stair machine with a weighted pack to try to simulate hiking as best as I can. I also like the sprinkle a few things in here and there on my own but this is the base of the workout MTN Ops had on their website.

Mon: Lower Body
-20 minute distance run or weighted hike/stair machine with pack
-squats 4x20
-step ups 4x20
-bulgarian split squat 4x20
-lunges 4x20
-calf raises 4x30
-tic tac toe (abs) 4x20

Wed: Upper Body
-20 minute elevation run or weighted hike/stair machine with pack
-bent over row 4x20
-push ups 4x20