MTN OPS lead concerns

Tua

FNG
Trying to decide whether to go all in on MTN OPS nutritional products - seem to have some great ones to try - but trying to learn more about their CA Prop 65 lead level warnings. I realize multiple foods can/do contain some level of heavy metals, but haven’t been able to find out how much lead in MTN OPS products compared to normal safe range, (even after contacting them directly) especially if planning to use these products regularly. Anyone with more info?

Lowg08

WKR
I tried to go all in with Mountain ops. It is good but seems to me there are just as good of options at a lower cost and actually many other options by simply looking at nutritional value of regular foods.

PNWTO

Lil-Rokslider
Do some googling on the origins of the warning label and the measures some companies choose to, or are forced to, use when selling nutritional/food products in CA.

Frankly, I wouldn’t worry about it and it’s a commonplace label.

Trying to decide whether to go all in on MTN OPS nutritional products - seem to have some great ones to try - but trying to learn more about their CA Prop 65 lead level warnings. I realize multiple foods can/do contain some level of heavy metals, but haven’t been able to find out how much lead in MTN OPS products compared to normal safe range, (even after contacting them directly) especially if planning to use these products regularly. Anyone with more info?

I wouldn’t worry about it. I literally have not seen anything that is sold into California without that label.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
My buddy had the high elevation supplements...but then I read one main ingredient was Ginko Biloba- known for some nasty, even life threatening side effects

Ginko Biloba research here

I don't know about lead content in Mountain ops.

I can tell you that a good buddy used to own a supplement nutrition company that made Muscle Milk. [they sold it to Hormel years ago]

They had scientists on staff that tested every batch of protein and ingredients for purity- THIS IS A NECESSITY!!! Heavy metals can get concentrated in these ingredients.

They got plenty of batches of ingredients they had to reject due to impurities. [some horror stories on that many years ago]

I would not consume a supplement without knowing they have a staff of scientists testing or their ingredients are independent lab tested for purity.

_____

Last edited:

big44a4

WKR
I never took mtn ops. But their magnum says: “100% whey protein isolate” and the first ingredient is “proprietary blend” of proteins.

Do what makes you feel good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Initial reaction to mountain ops is a negative perception on the Utah instahunter culture that seems to surround them. But I guess you support them having gritty/cam/chad mendes pumping their products or other sup companies that spend it with roided up bodybuilders..

I'm more of a MTN Hops kind of guy.

street

WKR
What exactly are these supplements supposed to do for you? I go hunting......and with or without any supplements I'm still hunting the same areas, the same distances, the same ways I always do, and finding and killing animals.
Keep hammering

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Are you even an operator though, bro?

If they made something that eliminated knee swelling and pain, I'd be all over it.......even if it kills me later on in life. Too many sports for too many years takes a toll on knees......not to mention all the hunting in the steeps, the rocks, and whatever else is out there to take me down when it can. It's been a problem in past years but this year has been the worst......by far. I came home early from helping a buddy with his elk tag because they were swollen and I could barely walk, but they're still bad and I have a sheep hunt in a couple weeks. I might be living on Naproxen and Percocet in October.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I like their pre workout but I thought their other stuff (hydration drinks and protein) sort of sucked.

MThuntr

WKR
No offense to Mtn Ops but there are way better and cheaper options for protein supplements and pre workouts. "Proprietary blend of protein" seems very sketchy and means they likely use some lower quality protein sources and some may mess with your gut (lactose intolerant people know what I mean). The rest of their stuff is snake oil along with all the other crap companies sell.

street

WKR
Everyone should be at least somewhat skeptical of a preworkout product that has caffiene, regardless of brand.