MTN OPS Protien Bar Review ***Update 7/27/20***

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
The team at MTN OPS is adding protein bars to their lineup and some of the Rokstaff are going to be trying them out. We will be posting our thoughts here as we each try them out.

This afternoon I tried the "Conquer Caramel Crunch" bar and was very impressed with the flavor.

***Update 7/27/20*** Jared Bloomgren just finished up his review of the bars. MTN OPS Performance Protein Bars

c7ca0277d614c935c1b3e7ac53c1bfa8.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't be opposed to trying a new bar or two providing the cost is reasonable.
I didn't see them on the site. And they announced freeze dried food two years ago 😁
Hopefully this will be more successful for them.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I was just informed that these will launch on Monday, June 8th. I have tried all three flavors and they are all really good.

Another thing I like is that they aren't too hard to chew if you take them right out of the fridge (they don't have to be refrigerated, I just don't like stuff to melt).

Steadman

WKR
They are better than I thought they'd be for sure. My favorite two are the PB and the Carmel ones.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm interesting.
Does it state on the package etc.
Or maybe someone could post pics etc in the reviews?
Melty stuff is a deal breaker for me.

I think they would all melt if left in a warm spot or in the sun.

But, they are really good. I just ordered three more boxes of the Conquer Caramel Crunch bars.

I think they would all melt if left in a warm spot or in the sun.

But, they are really good. I just ordered three more boxes of the Conquer Caramel Crunch bars.

Copy
Maybe a shed hunting, late season thing for me.
Something about archery season already sweating my tail off.
When I pull out a melted mess I cant handle it.

Hope they include them on expertvoice.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I tried the carmel crunch. Was very good. Candy bar like even. Since I live down here in hell they aren't going to work for me since they melt like a regular snickers. If I was going someplace cooler where melting wasn't a factor I wouldn't hesistate to take some with me.

Jim Carr

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ive tried them all now and like them all pb is my favorite. They dont seem as dry as some other protein bars I have tried. On one particular hike the other day I was a bit parched and still enjoyed eating one the bars . When normally if im thirsty i cant even choke down a protein bar. Also seemed to do the trick and gave me back some energy.

C.payne

WKR
I have tried all three flavours. They are all really really good. The caramel is the only one that I can taste a slight “whey protein bar” flavour. They have done an excellent job hiding the taste of the whey. There is only one problem. Living in Canada, after the 40% Exchange rate, shipping, duties and taxes they are over $5.50 per bar!!
🤦‍♂️ I can see this getting expensive!

Jacack

WKR
Don't order these is you live in a hot area, i got mine and they had all melted inside the packaging and now its a serious mess trying to eat them,

That said they do taste good.

KHNC

WKR
30 bucks plus shipping for a 10 pack . AND , they are mostly sold out. Yall must really love Mtn Ops name. There is just no way they are worth 3 times the cost of a CLIFF Builder Bar. I dont get it. Is it because it matches the flat bill and the T-shirt?

30 bucks plus shipping for a 10 pack . AND , they are mostly sold out. Yall must really love Mtn Ops name. There is just no way they are worth 3 times the cost of a CLIFF Builder Bar. I dont get it. Is it because it matches the flat bill and the T-shirt?

Just hating for the sake of hate?
Most all quality protein bars are around $3 each.
Not sure where your getting builder bars for $1 but try reading the package.
The builder bars are absolutely loaded with sugar, pretty sure they are the worst. Any variety of candy bar has less sugar I'm pretty sure.
I haven't even tried these MT Ops bars but I don't see any reason you gotta get on here and talk them down. If you dont want them don't buy them.