MTN OPS Protien Bar Review ***Update 7/27/20***

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
30 bucks plus shipping for a 10 pack . AND , they are mostly sold out. Yall must really love Mtn Ops name. There is just no way they are worth 3 times the cost of a CLIFF Builder Bar. I dont get it. Is it because it matches the flat bill and the T-shirt?
I've tried both and the Mountain Ops ones are far superior in taste and texture. Your comparison is the equivalent of filet mingon vs eye of round. Do you carry a top end backpack or something from Wal-Mart, because "there is no way they are worth 3 times the cost"? Either way if you haven't tried the product and are simply here to criticize the cost, what value are you really adding to the conversation?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

KHNC

WKR
I've tried both and the Mountain Ops ones are far superior in taste and texture. Your comparison is the equivalent of filet mingon vs eye of round. Do you carry a top end backpack or something from Wal-Mart, because "there is no way they are worth 3 times the cost"? Either way if you haven't tried the product and are simply here to criticize the cost, what value are you really adding to the conversation?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a CLIFF builder bar! They have been around for years and years. 20G of protein and the chocolate/peanut butter and white chocolate both taste great. Taste is just an opinion anyway. I feel i am adding plenty of value. SInce the mtn ops bar just came out recently, who is to say it is better anyway? Cost is much higher AND it has not been on the market even a fraction of the time of the builder bars. They have a proven record in the market. And NO , i dont carry a damn walmart pack. What kind of comment is that anyway? Show me the research comparison that makes MO bar filet mignon? It is just your opinion that the taste and texture is superior, however, i dont feel these energy bars are out there for the taste. I could buy a pack of almond joy if i was only after taste and texture. I buy these bars for the energy benefit and calorie boost in the woods.

KHNC

WKR
Just hating for the sake of hate?
Most all quality protein bars are around $3 each.
Not sure where your getting builder bars for $1 but try reading the package.
The builder bars are absolutely loaded with sugar, pretty sure they are the worst. Any variety of candy bar has less sugar I'm pretty sure.
I haven't even tried these MT Ops bars but I don't see any reason you gotta get on here and talk them down. If you dont want them don't buy them.
I havent tried the mtn ops either. But i have used the Builder Bars for 8-10 years. I see no problem with them. They do what they advertise and i can buy them for 9.97 per box of 6 with no shipping right here at the grocery store beside my office. I am not hating on the MO bar for anything but the price. MO charges for the name and people buy them for the name as well. It may very well be a quality product, but they seem to be at the highest price point in the market. I dont see how anyone can argue that the mtn ops name isnt adding to the cost. At 2.00 per bar i would give them a go most likely, but not at 3.00. My assessment seems fair. This isnt a back pack or steak post like the super mod stated. Just my opinion, that i feel i am entitled to!

KHNC

WKR
Here is a comparison of ingredients. Top is Mtn Ops. About the same Cals, Same Protein. Less fat in Clif bar, less sugar in Mtn Ops. Pkg of 6 - 6.99 plus tax at Target. Mtn Ops 30.00 plus tax & shipping. Seems like a fair comparison of the two.
pbb-supp-facts.jpgclif.jpg

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a CLIFF builder bar! They have been around for years and years. 20G of protein and the chocolate/peanut butter and white chocolate both taste great. Taste is just an opinion anyway. I feel i am adding plenty of value. SInce the mtn ops bar just came out recently, who is to say it is better anyway? Cost is much higher AND it has not been on the market even a fraction of the time of the builder bars. They have a proven record in the market. And NO , i dont carry a damn walmart pack. What kind of comment is that anyway? Show me the research comparison that makes MO bar filet mignon? It is just your opinion that the taste and texture is superior, however, i dont feel these energy bars are out there for the taste. I could buy a pack of almond joy if i was only after taste and texture. I buy these bars for the energy benefit and calorie boost in the woods.

You have not tried Mtn Ops so your opinion is irrelevant on this thread. Your just here complaining about price, no different that someone coming on here stating "why would I pay that much for kifaru/mystery ranch/stone glacier, when my old walmart gear works fine. You're entitled to an opinion once you've actually tried a product.

Here is a comparison of ingredients. Top is Mtn Ops. About the same Cals, Same Protein. Less fat in Clif bar, less sugar in Mtn Ops. Pkg of 6 - 6.99 plus tax at Target. Mtn Ops 30.00 plus tax & shipping. Seems like a fair comparison of the two.
View attachment 201297View attachment 201298

When purchasing a vehicle, do you simply look at the stats on paper and the sum of the parts or actually test drive it?

KHNC

WKR
You have not tried Mtn Ops so your opinion is irrelevant on this thread. Your just here complaining about price, no different that someone coming on here stating "why would I pay that much for kifaru/mystery ranch/stone glacier, when my old walmart gear works fine. You're entitled to an opinion once you've actually tried a product.

When purchasing a vehicle, do you simply look at the stats on paper and the sum of the parts or actually test drive it?

Bars i have tried.

Honey Stinger
Clif Builder Bar
Met-RX bar
Kind Energy
Powerbar
Gatorade Fuel Bar

When i look at an energy bar, i look at the ingredients along with protein and calorie count. Then i look over what flavors are available. I am an educated person. Why do i have to buy the bar to see if its worth 3x the price? I can see the facts right there in black and white.

This isnt a back pack thread or comparison. Why do you keep bringing that up? Its irrelevant to this discussion. I have primo gear when its warranted. IF i feel like a product is WORTH 3x the price, I will buy it. Tell me why MO bars are worth 3X the price? Is it because they are so delicious? Is it because they have more calories? More protein? The name is so cool? Enlighten me and maybe i will buy them to try. Otherwise dont just assume i dont know shit about quality gear or nutrition.

cmbbulldog

Lil-Rokslider
My .02...

I got a couple boxes to try. I got 30% off and free shipping.... so more or less 2.00 a bar.

these bars taste fine... especially with the low sugar. The sugar in these bars is 1/3 of the cliff bar example... which is a big difference. Don’t taste as good to me as say a snickers bar :)

i like variety, so at 2.00 a pop I’ll take a few.... along with bobo bars, Honey stingers, ect.

not sure I would pay triple for them, plus shipping.... but where you can get them discounted, I’d take a few.

I just dont understand why all the flat bill digs alot of members through out on here.
I dont wear them.
But it's pure bigotry.
I don't even have any friends that wear them. But you're just putting down the next generation.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bars i have tried.

Honey Stinger
Clif Builder Bar
Met-RX bar
Kind Energy
Powerbar
Gatorade Fuel Bar

When i look at an energy bar, i look at the ingredients along with protein and calorie count. Then i look over what flavors are available. I am an educated person. Why do i have to buy the bar to see if its worth 3x the price? I can see the facts right there in black and white.

This isnt a back pack thread or comparison. Why do you keep bringing that up? Its irrelevant to this discussion. I have primo gear when its warranted. IF i feel like a product is WORTH 3x the price, I will buy it. Tell me why MO bars are worth 3X the price? Is it because they are so delicious? Is it because they have more calories? More protein? The name is so cool? Enlighten me and maybe i will buy them to try. Otherwise dont just assume i dont know shit about quality gear or nutrition.

The only thing I'm assuming is you feel entitled to an opinion on a product you haven't tried.

Yes they taste better but I understand that's subjective. The lower sugar content seemed to prevent the roller coaster insulin spikes. The higher fat kept the energy lasting longer and seemed to help avoid the constipation I've experienced with other protein bars. The texture of these Mtn Ops bars don't feel like chewing some sort of rubbery concrete mixture, like many other bars do. I am a finicky eater at elevation so have to bring food I know I'll eat and most bars are still in my pack on the way home, so finding one I'll actually eat is important and these fit the bill.

I'm done debating it. If trying quality products is worth it to you, do it. If not, no need to bitch about the price until you've tried it to see if they're worth it. I brought up packs to illustrate this.

KHNC

WKR
I just dont understand why all the flat bill digs alot of members through out on here.
I dont wear them.
But it's pure bigotry.
I don't even have any friends that wear them. But you're just putting down the next generation.
Flat billers mostly bring that crap on themselves. Nobody is hating on them just for the heck of it. And i get that its not ALL flat billers.