Mtn. Tactical Institute

TMac18

FNG
Anyone else using or trying this? I have been for about 3 months now. I am finding that I like the different cycles and changing my workouts up. from more of a strength base to body weight and gymnastics type workouts.
I am in the 3rd week of "Humility" right now, kicking my but for sure. But it feels rewarding after powering through and knowing you finished the workout.

aron

WKR
Did you do a subscription to get access to all workouts? I've been looking at purchasing the backcountry hunting plan.

I have done 5 of their workouts. I like them a lot and they do a good job of getting you ready to hunt.

rd8

FNG
I would highly recommend MTI. I trained through the winter preparing for my job (wildland fire). They have refined workouts to benefit mountain athletes by working with mountain athletes (hunters, mountain guides, wildland firefighters, etc). Well rounded workouts that will get you in the shape you need to be in for the season.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

arkansashntr

Lil-Rokslider
Good stuff. Also you can view tons of exercise videos for free on their site. Great resource.

Look up thier quadzilla complex...it's a leg burner for sure. Friday I did 5 rounds of the 5x followed by squats and deadlifts afterwards and I was toasted. I also like the step ups and Scotty bobs they program in. They have lots of good stuff, but I personally would just integrate some of the stuff versus following thier routine to a T myself.

aron

WKR
I just bought the subscription to start Humility followed by the back country hunt plan. My one concern with the back country plan is the amount of step ups and the boredem that comes with it.

I just bought the subscription to start Humility followed by the back country hunt plan. My one concern with the back country plan is the amount of step ups and the boredem that comes with it.

I did that program last year and yes the step up days are painfully boring. I ended up posting a bunch of big bulls from the RMEF magazine up in front of where I'd work out for motivation.

I really like that their plans are very sport-specific. Crossfit is great, but their focus is more of a general physical preparedness whereas MTI really tailors each plan to meet the goal of being good at a specific sport- backcountry hunting, mountaineering, rock climbing, etc.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord