Mtn tough 45-70

zacattack

WKR
Anybody got thoughts on this? It’s a 9 week heavy pack workout. Right now it’s only 125 which doesn’t seem too bad depending on how the program is. I have no experience with any of their stuff, just seeing if it’s worth it. I have read the reviews on the 30-30 program which people seem to really like.

jmcd22

WKR
Take a look on their YouTube channel...they've posted some of the form videos for that program. That should give you somewhat of an idea as to how the program is. I'm half way through the 30-30 program and it has been an ass kicker...in a good way.

reaperukon

Lil-Rokslider
The 30-30 is a definite a$$kicker. I think it’s a great program. I like that it is something I can come back to anytime. Their 30-30 program is one I did for ski season this year......huge difference in quad strength and endurance. I’m planning on doing it again this next month as I head back out into the mountains hiking. I sub the running for row machine, elliptical or step machine since the running is tough on my old knees. Works well overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alegault

Lil-Rokslider
I have the backcountry “lifetime all access”. The way it’s sold/marketed, you believe you’ll get access to all their stuff for life. Turns out it doesn’t include new any new updates like the 45-70. only if they update their existing programs in the package.

That knock aside, the workouts are challenging most days and they have good form videos.

OP
Z

zacattack

WKR
Yeah that’s kind of a bummer but they gotta make money and it’s cheaper than a gym membership. Hopefully going to get started this week, gotta make some pack weights first.

Ctitus25

Lil-Rokslider
I've been looking at this program as well. I like that it uses the pack and not a bunch of gym equipment.

bozeman

WKR
I just can’t seem to wrap my head around paying for a workout program when YouTube has so many for free.......I would like to see your feedback on the program when you get started......best of luck!

OP
Z

zacattack

WKR
I did the first day and couldn’t finish it, kicked my ass. I’m also short for time at the moment, have a newborn at the house so time is precious. Gonna fall back and do the 30-30 for now.

I see that it only works out to like $2.75 for each workout which really isn’t that bad, and you can do the programs over and over.

Have they got with the times and put together an app or do you still have to work from their clunky website. I really hated the way they had that set up. I paid for their entire program tried to battle through it but went back to an app based workout.

RogerNH

FNG
Does anyone know the minimum size pack you would need to do this workout with all of the weights?

OP
Z

zacattack

WKR
Not sure for this specifically but I just strap my weights to my frame or use like a cargo net whenever I workout with weighted “pack”.

Gorp2007

WKR
Demo video they're using an EVO 3300 from Stone Glacier and it doesn't look full.

EDIT: To make it perfectly clear, I'm saying the demo video shows them using a 3300, so a bag of that size or larger should be sufficient for the program. It's not like 70 pounds of sand takes up that much volume. I can get 50 pounds of sand in a 2000 cubic inch bag without issue.

Last edited:

RogerNH

FNG
I've been thinking of buying the Xcurve frame and an EVO 3300 bag or just go big and buy the Xcurve and Sky 5900. Anyway, I should probably start slow with the 30-30 program before tackling the 45-70. I've been dealing with some lower back pain the past couple of weeks and I feel well enough to start a program like the 30-30 or the Athlean-X Xero program.

Gorp2007

WKR
I've been thinking of buying the Xcurve frame and an EVO 3300 bag or just go big and buy the Xcurve and Sky 5900.

You could probably just get the frame with the buckle conversion and strap the weights to the meat shelf and call it good, then pick up the bag of your choice later.

yak

Lil-Rokslider
Just so you are aware, they advertise you only need a pack, but you also need to invest in sandbags (3x20#, 3x10#, 3x5#), a pull-up bar and a step-up box. Easy to improvise with stuff in your garage, but I was a little surprised by this after I had purchased the program. I will say the MTN Tough guys have a couple videos recommending very cost efficient ways to build your kit. Luckily I already had most of it...pack included.

I'm pretty early off in the program, but it'll definitely make you sore. Good luck.