MTN TOUGH Backcountry Hunting Postseason Program Thread

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Week 16 Day 4:

Modified Super M.

Rounds of cardio machine and active recovery plus planks.

Good hard work.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Week 15 completed last Friday. I was under the weather all week but I did get workouts in.

Last week of 16 starts up in the am! Looking forward to rolling into the pre season program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Week 16 Day 1- Sarah’s Sick

This one takes a while, but I didn’t mind it. I like the way it’s split up so instead of long sustained boring cardio, it’s cardio bursts with some kind of strength intermixed. Certainly keeps the heart rate up. I used the treadmill.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Week 16 day 2 and 3:
Day 2 was simple, but killer on the legs. 10 rounds : 10 reps of squats followed by a 2 minute break. Kicker is that during the 2 minute break you have to do 10 dumbell cleans. So the longer it takes you to do the cleans, the less break you actually get.

Day 3 is Alsobrook. Basically 4 rounds of a .5 mile run, pull-ups, push ups walking lunges, lunge presses and rows.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finished up day 4 and 5 this morning.

Here’s a rundown of what I thought about the program:

I liked it a lot. It’s hard. The exercises are well mixed and hit the whole body. There’s A LOT of legs incorporated, which I have a love hate relationship with. I did more squats the first 2 weeks of the program than I’ve ever done I swear. The first couple weeks were really tough and after the first couple workouts I was thinking this isn’t for me... but I just kept getting through the workouts each day and each day they got exponentially better. The MTN Tough guys know this, and that’s how the program is designed. The first couple weeks get your muscles “firing” and familiar with the lifts and motions.

Going into the summer I feel stronger than I ever have into the summer. Typically I would just lift during the winter and early spring months and not do so much cardio, which left me at the starting line for cardio going into summer. I feel the post season program has put me in a great spot to keep improving through the summer with the pre season program and really gain some endurance.

I didn’t get much into the pre season program last year because of a late start and early season hunt, but I’m really looking forward to it. Especially after this program. I would recommend this program to everyone wanting to get healthier or to prepare for the fall. It is an expensive investment, but an investment that you can have access to forever. Instead of a trainer that you lose when you quit paying.

We did get these programs for free to review, but I would purchase full price and be an end user. I would recommend the post season program to everyone. Pre season program review next up over on the pre season thread. Thanks all for following, I hope we gave you some better insight into the program.

Donk

Lil-Rokslider
Week 1 Day 3:

Another variation of the 22s.

I pushed it a bit on the 1/2 mile “sprints “

The first supersets were KB deadlifts and bar pull-ups. Not too bad.

The next sprint was followed by leg curls on a ball and renegade rows. This really torched my core, and I still had to do the core-specific portion of the workout.

I made it through, but really slowed down and I’m feeling it now.
I did this one the other day. The bar pull-ups are coming back with a vengeance today.

ftothfadd

Lil-Rokslider
Hi guys,

I signed up for the teaser "mind splitter "workout which I promptly lost. Would anyone be willing to share it with me so I can give it a try and see if I like the program?
Thank you!

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Whats the difference between their pre-season vs post season workouts?

The post season workout is more strength-based. The preseason still has plenty of strength work, but integrates new coordinated cardio work to get you used to all that new muscle you put on during the post season program.

wolf_MT

Lil-Rokslider
The post season workout is more strength-based. The preseason still has plenty of strength work, but integrates new coordinated cardio work to get you used to all that new muscle you put on during the post season program.
Thanks