MTNGear Bipod - 4-16" 5oz w/ 70 cant & 360 pan

I love my MDT Ckye-Pod double pull but it's too much weight with my 280ai in the mountains.

Thinking about picking one of these up as I'm in the market for a lightweight bipod. I was originally set on a Spartan but the adjustability on this has perked my interest. The Mountain Bipod looks to help bridge the gap of some of the features I'm used to on the Ckye-Pod.

Has anyone had the chance to get their hands on one or have any thoughts?

Video

Reactions: XLR

ofl0926

WKR
Interesting. I like the mountain version as it gives you 16in in height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We just got one in the shop on Monday and haven't spent any time shooting off of it yet. With just unboxing it though and playing with it on a rifle, I think that it will end up being a damn good bipod. Legs seemed to be pretty sturdy and well constructed. The head looked very flimsily when we pulled it out of the box but seemed to be pretty strong once we behind it. The amount of adjustability is pretty damn impressive for a bipod of that weight.

Complains on it would have the be the button to create a wider stance is on the front side vs the back so you do have to come off the rifle to reach it. There is only one leg that goes wider so while making it go wider you do have to be holding the rifle otherwise it could tip over. Not really a fan of the twist locks but I don't think they could have achieved that weight with anything else. Pretty small complaints and I think a lot of them come from the "you have to give a little to get a little" mentality. When you are accustomed to a Ckye Pod though those are things I noticed.

We aren't sure about the feet being located where they are yet so that is something that will be interesting to see how it works. Initial impression is pretty good though! As long as it holds up in the field and doesn't break down over time I think it will be a great bipod. Something that we talked about is I don't know how much the bipod will like a heavy recoiling rifle. Just with the design of the head im sure an 8 lb 300 PRC would be hard on it. With it being designed in New Zealand, I am not sure how much they have tested it on the bigger rifles. We will be running it on a 10 lb 300 WSM this season so nothing crazy! That is about all I have for information right now but if you have any questions let me know!

We just got one in the shop on Monday and haven't spent any time shooting off of it yet. With just unboxing it though and playing with it on a rifle, I think that it will end up being a damn good bipod. Legs seemed to be pretty sturdy and well constructed. The head looked very flimsily when we pulled it out of the box but seemed to be pretty strong once we behind it. The amount of adjustability is pretty damn impressive for a bipod of that weight.

Complains on it would have the be the button to create a wider stance is on the front side vs the back so you do have to come off the rifle to reach it. There is only one leg that goes wider so while making it go wider you do have to be holding the rifle otherwise it could tip over. Not really a fan of the twist locks but I don't think they could have achieved that weight with anything else. Pretty small complaints and I think a lot of them come from the "you have to give a little to get a little" mentality. When you are accustomed to a Ckye Pod though those are things I noticed.

We aren't sure about the feet being located where they are yet so that is something that will be interesting to see how it works. Initial impression is pretty good though! As long as it holds up in the field and doesn't break down over time I think it will be a great bipod. Something that we talked about is I don't know how much the bipod will like a heavy recoiling rifle. Just with the design of the head im sure an 8 lb 300 PRC would be hard on it. With it being designed in New Zealand, I am not sure how much they have tested it on the bigger rifles. We will be running it on a 10 lb 300 WSM this season so nothing crazy! That is about all I have for information right now but if you have any questions let me know!
Thank you!

Reactions: XLR

Any feedback on this one after having them for a couple of months?

eoperator

WKR
The adjustability and weight is hard to pass up but I would not recommend it to a guy that is hard on gear.

Maybe Mark @ Exo (Can’t figure out how to tag him) could chime in. I’m pretty sure he’s been using this bipod on his rifles for the last little while. Even took it on his goat hunt. Talks a bit about it on their podcast.

@Mark at EXO I know you posted back in October a very brief review/thoughts on this bipod, do you have a detailed breakdown/opinion and review of this particular piece? Especially when it comes to durability?