MtnOps/Newberg/B&R Outdoors

Is the commercialization of hunting hurting opportunities? Now before I start, I want to lead with I love watching B&R content, and Newberg's as well. I mention this because of an issue my brother and I had. Last year we needed a bugle tube (Colorado soooo probably didn't), and someone saw that we had B&R's tube from Phelps...they then proceeded to tell us how much they hate B&R because they had come into the area and had apparently left a segment with a sign in the background showing their location (name of trailhead or equivalent). Is it time we put pressure on YouTube hunters to stop mentioning locations period? The information is out there and can be had with a little groundwork and networking. However, with the internet every honey hole known to man is being invaded. It would be one thing if the invaders were competent hunters, but they seem to be armed wanderers with no knowledge of the wind. YouTube hunters are basically politicians in that they represent the community in a way, and we should be able to hold them somewhat accountable. I keep hearing that hunter numbers are down...the **** they are. Go to any western state on elk opener and you will quickly realize that it doesn't apply to western hunting. B&R did a Montana road hunt for whitetails and muleys last winter. I expect a bunch of people up in Montana mimicking this next season. If they didn't mention the location it would be more spread out. Pressure needs to be more distributed among the states.

Side note: Does anyone else feel that MtnOps is just a mediocre product with an elk sticker slapped on so that hunters buy it?

whaack

WKR
Yes. Double edge sword. I love watching others hunt on YouTube but hate the commercialization of hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’ll be someone along here shortly to tell you that hunter numbers are down east of the Mississippi. What they failed to mention is that really doesn’t make a shit. They’re just not hunting in the eastern states anymore. Everyone’s traveling west which is pretty evident by the increase in hunter and app numbers.
I do enjoy the content put out by about a handful of people. What is extremely unfortunate is people began to realize that is fairly easy to become an Insta hunter. Hell look at outdoor Allie and some of her sponsorships she’s pulled in. With what is honestly little to no experience. Let’s not even get started and all the ladies shooting their bows in booty shorts and a bikini tops that are basically not there and Muck boots because that’s how people do it.
hunting is totally commercialized and I don’t see it returning to normal anytime soon.
As far as hunter numbers maybe I’ll be concerned when you’re not seeing 60 to 70,000 app increases in Colorado every year.

At some point commercialization and monetization of the public resource will ruin the resource. It’s only a matter of time. I believe social media has aided in the acceleration of that process. So many #publiclandowner #conservation #sickforit #keephammerin YouTube Insta celebrity hunters out there.

Who's B&R?

Hunting personalities that do infomercials and tutorials of a state's nuances of it's licensing and draw system causes mire harm than good.

Yes, Mtn Ops is a mediocre product and you can get the same benefit from a grocery store version of what they offer.

OP
moose_1993
They’ll be someone along here shortly to tell you that hunter numbers are down east of the Mississippi. What they failed to mention is that really doesn’t make a shit. They’re just not hunting in the eastern states anymore. Everyone’s traveling west which is pretty evident by the increase in hunter and app numbers.
I do enjoy the content put out by about a handful of people. What is extremely unfortunate is people began to realize that is fairly easy to become an Insta hunter. Hell look at outdoor Allie and some of her sponsorships she’s pulled in. With what is honestly little to no experience. Let’s not even get started and all the ladies shooting their bows in booty shorts and a bikini tops that are basically not there and Muck boots because that’s how people do it.
hunting is totally commercialized and I don’t see it returning to normal anytime soon.
As far as hunter numbers maybe I’ll be concerned when you’re not seeing 60 to 70,000 app increases in Colorado every year.
This is why I refuse to follow any sort of booty hunter

OP
moose_1993
B&R, Muley freak, the list goes on.
Are the Back Rub Outdoor guys still taking iffy shots on elk? Just so they can get a kill on camera?
I'm not going to lie, I'm less accurate when people are watching then when I shoot alone. They shou
At some point commercialization and monetization of the public resource will ruin the resource. It’s only a matter of time. I believe social media has aided in the acceleration of that process. So many #publiclandowner #conservation #sickforit #keephammerin YouTube Insta celebrity hunters out there.
This is why I would like us to put pressure on them as hunters. I don't mean be assholes. I mean put a real pressure on them. DM them, comment on their YouTube etc.. They need to know where their community stands. Please please please don't be assholes or they'll never listen if you're a hater.

Ralphie

WKR
I like (liked) some of the content on YouTube but it has gotten out of hand. I think I saw a podcast subject from newberg and gohunt about how to find otc, left over, and back door tags or whatever. So since they’ve saturated the regular draws now they’ll finish it off with flooding everything else that is left all while telling us they haven’t changed the number of hunters out there. Oh but the pie is going to be bigger🙄

This is why I would like us to put pressure on them as hunters. I don't mean be assholes. I mean put a real pressure on them. DM them, comment on their YouTube etc.. They need to know where their community stands. Please please please don't be assholes or they'll never listen if you're a hater.
If you watch their channel they make money off you. The best way to make change is to not watch. IMHO

OP
moose_1993
If you watch their channel they make money off you. The best way to make change is to not watch. IMHO
No, the best way is to contact them. Tons of eastern hunters will still absorb their shows and come out west as a result. If we can add more groundwork to their game that would be the best.

No, the best way is to contact them. Tons of eastern hunters will still absorb their shows and come out west as a result. If we can add more groundwork to their game that would be the best.
Why fund what you dont agree with? Hitting the pocket book will usually get attention.