MTNTOUGH 30-30

Jason_F

FNG
Thanks for the encouragement Jason. I’m still considering it.

Is there much in the way of specific exercises mixed with intervals of running? I don’t really have a place to run except the tar&chip road through the neighborhood and that is a quarter mile down the hill from the house. Just wondering about the level of inconvenience I may have to implement this. Or do I carry a mat down to the road and let everyone watch me suffer between runs out in the winter weather?

I think there may only be one or two that involve running as part of a circuit - and for those I just subbed in my air bike for any running. Worked just fine for me, including using the air bike instead of running .25mi as part of each days warmup.

Stefan is right, it’s mildly annoying that you get logged out of their site in about 15-20 minutes. I set up the password to save to my phone with my thumbprint, that helps a little with the inconvenience.

It would be awesome if it was a standalone app, but I can see where they’re coming from too (I think), which is that apps are expensive and require more support (costs) versus a website.

Their site does work well, I like it. And they have lots of video tutorials and coaching which is helpful as well.

They charge enough to warrant an app.

schmalzy

WKR
Just bought it today and plan on starting Monday. Any recommendations or things you wish you would have done prior to starting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason_F

FNG
Just bought it today and plan on starting Monday. Any recommendations or things you wish you would have done prior to starting?

How's your first week or two been @schmalzy ?

I just restarted the 30-30 program myself yesterday. Man my glutes are sore today!

jmcd22

WKR
Started this today with the 22's and wow was it tough. Finished in 38:23 and am drained. I work out 6 days a week but nothing this intensive. I am going to be one sore individual for the next few days...

jmcd22

WKR
Took yesterday off due to some soreness in my calves...might try to do day 2 today. I know I can push through but I've had this soreness in the past and pushing through hasn't worked out in my favor. Might try on Wednesday. The 22's are no joke!

Jason_F

FNG
Took yesterday off due to some soreness in my calves...might try to do day 2 today. I know I can push through but I've had this soreness in the past and pushing through hasn't worked out in my favor. Might try on Wednesday. The 22's are no joke!

That fine line between "I can work through some soreness" and "uh oh, I've pushed it too far and now it's a mild injury" is no joke.

But keep after it @jmcd22 ! And yes, those 22's are no joke but it feels great to finish them.

jmcd22

WKR
That fine line between "I can work through some soreness" and "uh oh, I've pushed it too far and now it's a mild injury" is no joke.

But keep after it @jmcd22 ! And yes, those 22's are no joke but it feels great to finish them.

Yes it is and I have been on the wrong side a few times! Definitely more difficult running outside on pavement compared to a treadmill. Once I get back to it, I am excited for day 2...I think this program is going to be a good one!

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been eyeing up this program. I like bodyweight programs because I don't have a gym close by and I don't have the money to invest in a home gym. Is it 5 days per week, and every day intense or does it give you some rest days?

I wouldn't say everyday is too intense. Like today was a 22 min run and a series of ab exercises.

thej5

FNG
I realize that this is thread is a couple of months old, but MTNTOUGH is running a nice 25% off special right now and am considering signing up as we're homebound for a while.

Does anyone know if there's a list of what you need or recommendations? e.g., a room that's about XX big, chin-up bar, etc.

jmcd22

WKR
I realize that this is thread is a couple of months old, but MTNTOUGH is running a nice 25% off special right now and am considering signing up as we're homebound for a while.

Does anyone know if there's a list of what you need or recommendations? e.g., a room that's about XX big, chin-up bar, etc.

I just bought it and day 1 you didn't need anything. Day two...which is postponed for me because of soreness from day 1 :ROFLMAO:, doesn't need equipment. I want to say I read that you do need a bar for pullups and chins but I am not 100% certain. Maybe @Jordan Budd can comment on that. I know she's had the program for a while.

thej5

FNG
Thanks, that's helpful.

Sounds like you'll be blazing a trail for me! I fully anticipate that my first 5 days will actually be a two week program after accounting for my out-of-shape-ness.

I just bought it and day 1 you didn't need anything. Day two...which is postponed for me because of soreness from day 1 :ROFLMAO:, doesn't need equipment. I want to say I read that you do need a bar for pullups and chins but I am not 100% certain. Maybe @Jordan Budd can comment on that. I know she's had the program for a while.

jmcd22

WKR
Day 2 down. I think the hardest part for me was trying to stay in the heart rate they suggest...about half way through said screw it and ran at a pace that my legs are comfortable with. I'm 6'3 and all legs so jogging doesn't really work for me. The core work was tough but not unbearable. Day 3 looks tough but Day 1 built some mental confidence that is definitely going to carry to Day 3...and it's needed!

jmcd22

WKR
I guess I'll keep this thread going! Hoping to see more jump on board with all the craziness going on out there. Got through the Beartooth today...won't lie...I got a little delirious on the last leg and lost track of where I was in the workout. Definitely a tough one but good!

Teaman1

WKR
keep it rolling man, like hearing what others think about it. Really considering it as I’ll have a baby arriving in August so might be cramped for time or gym trips

jmcd22

WKR
keep it rolling man, like hearing what others think about it. Really considering it as I’ll have a baby arriving in August so might be cramped for time or gym trips

I bought it as I knew the inevitable closing of my gym was coming, not to mention I was hyper aware of germs and what not, plus they have a $25 off right now. I'll keep updating the thread as I go!

thej5

FNG
@jmcd22

My memories of long-ago P90X are sufficiently repressed that I'm going to take the plunge and start next week...and still appreciate you cutting first tracks! My wife even says she's going to do it except "if there's any running outside."