MTNTOUGH 30-30

Jason_F

FNG
How was 90 days to Freedom structures as far as days per week and time commitment for each workout?

It's a 5 day per week programming setup, with day 6 being an active rest day (do what you want to), and day 7 being a rest day (or another active rest day if you chose).

In terms of time I just did a quick scrub through my Apple Watch Activity monitor where it records my workouts, and it looks like I was usually finished on average in 35-45 minutes including a 5 minute warm-up and a 3-5 minute cool down. Of course there are a few outlier days where it was longer (long rucks, a long session of weighted step-ups, etc) but overall 35-45 minutes. I never found it too taxing in terms of time whereas I felt I would be at nearly an hour or just over while doing the Mtn Tough 30-30. But I was just getting back in to the swing of exercise / training at that point, so perhaps my times will be better on the next go around with 30-30.

JP7

Lil-Rokslider
It's a 5 day per week programming setup, with day 6 being an active rest day (do what you want to), and day 7 being a rest day (or another active rest day if you chose).

In terms of time I just did a quick scrub through my Apple Watch Activity monitor where it records my workouts, and it looks like I was usually finished on average in 35-45 minutes including a 5 minute warm-up and a 3-5 minute cool down. Of course there are a few outlier days where it was longer (long rucks, a long session of weighted step-ups, etc) but overall 35-45 minutes. I never found it too taxing in terms of time whereas I felt I would be at nearly an hour or just over while doing the Mtn Tough 30-30. But I was just getting back in to the swing of exercise / training at that point, so perhaps my times will be better on the next go around with 30-30.

Awesome thanks Jason!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schmalzy

WKR
W1D3 the beartooth

wtf

I think part of my soul died today
Did one round of the 3 overall rounds and that’s pretty much it. I thought I was in better shape than this.

Yeah it was gut check to say the least.

kparrott

Lil-Rokslider
W1D3 the beartooth

wtf

I think part of my soul died today
Did one round of the 3 overall rounds and that’s pretty much it. I thought I was in better shape than this.

It gets better in W2

UtahJimmy

WKR
Just started the program today. 22s suck just as much as I remember from last year. Gonna be SORE tomorrow!!

My goal is to lose at least 15# through the program, as I'll lose another 5+ once the season opens in mid-August. I figure if I can get rid of the first 10# in 3 or 4 weeks the next 5 or so will be harder. I fluctuate weight a lot, so 15# it's very doable. Weighed myself this morning right at 190.0# I'll let you know my weekly loses.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Finished W4D1 today and figured I drop an update. I've only lost 5# after 3 full weeks on the program. I think this weight loss is so small because I'm definitely upping my muscle volume. Wish I would have taken some photos, but my back/shoulders/chest have already changed. Legs are hard to notice but my muscles can rally harder and longer than they could during week 1. Soreness is also much less intense. Those first 2 workouts were a killer and I was so for the whole first week. I'm rebounding a hell of a lot faster.

I was "in shape" (yes, round is a shape) when I started this as I enjoy running long distance, but the strength I've gained so far is noticeable. From week 1 I was not able to complete most exercises with them being "modified" ex: air squats instead of jump squats or needing to finish pushups from my knees. My gut has shrunk already and I'm starting to see my ab muscles again.

I'm excited to finish this out and start it over from the beginning!

FYI: I am NOT a supplement guy and I've never counted calories. I've also never committed to a workout "program" other than training schedules for full/half marathons. The only change I've made to my diet is cutting out the booze Monday-Thursday. With this whole WFH format I found myself enjoying a brew or 3 most days. I'm trying to cut that out to lean up a bit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nuggets

FNG
Just finished W1 D1 the infamous 22’s.
WTH!!!
I haven’t done a thing except yard work since February and needed something for a home workout.
I finished it in 32 minutes but wasn’t able to do the last run. My legs were completely blown out and cramping bad. Lol
This is exactly what I need.

Zak89

FNG
Just finished W1 D1 the infamous 22’s.
WTH!!!
I haven’t done a thing except yard work since February and needed something for a home workout.
I finished it in 32 minutes but wasn’t able to do the last run. My legs were completely blown out and cramping bad. Lol
This is exactly what I need.

I just did W1 D1. I knew I was in trouble after the warm ups.

Enjoying it so far though!

fatlander

WKR
I’m finished with W2D3. I’m surprised how fast I finished in comparison to some of my earlier times.

I had been doing a mix of the 22s, beartooth, and heavy pack workouts, among other things, for a few months because it was free. Finally bit the bullet when my gym “reopened” to 30% capacity lol. Anyway, I think I was overtraining a bit because I’ve seen the biggest time improvements (and overall soreness is also down) over the past two weeks since starting the course. I’m excited to see where I end up at the end of this.

zacattack

WKR
I kinda fell off the wagon. Having a 2 month old doesn’t leave much time for anything. Got him on a better schedule now. Just deciding if I want to start over or pickup where I was.

Jacack

WKR
W5d1 for me today. Great product. Been doing workout in my 40x60 metal shop that I have s small gym area setup in but the heat is getting serious down here in south Florida. Did mine at 1pm today and it was 88f in the shop and 70% humidity. Think I may have to start doing them early in the am.

Just finished W4D3. 53yr old never entered a gym or did any type of fitness other than sports. I've dropped 20# and have gained significant core strength doing this program in conjunction with the Eat MTN Tough program. I would highly recommend it to anyone. With retirement on the horizon there are many mountains to climb and this is hopefully a good prep for those goals.

fatlander

WKR
Finished the 6 weeks last week.

Dropped 5 minutes off my 22s time. Outside in the heat every day.

Week 1 was 28:30 - 89 degrees 70% humidity
Week 6 was 23:10 - 92 degrees 65% humidity

Dropped about 5 pounds of body weight. Definitely picked up muscle mass. The mrs has even been commenting on it.

I can now pump out 15 strict pull/chin ups with ease. I’m running back through the program again but keeping the full pull/chins-ups from the later weeks mixed in from the get go.

I have been back packing a few times throughout the program and I’m definitely getting up the trail easier and less fatigued. Can’t wait to run it another time through before I head out for elk in September.

For 75 bucks, and lifetime access, I don’t think you’ll find a better program.

TX_Diver

WKR
I've got a few days left in W6 and am also planning to go back through it but keep the run longer each week (there's two easy 4 mile loops depending on which way I turn from my driveway) and also do some additional core stuff. I may tone down some of the single movement days though (looking at you week 5 lunges), I didn't find a whole lot of value in that beyond the mental aspect.

Definitely a great program for the $. Anyone who's not an elite crossfit athlete can get some decent value out of it in my opinion.