MTNTOUGH beginnner

arhanna22

FNG
With winter coming, has anyone ever used a spinning bike in lieu of the 1/2 mile runs? (30-30) If so did u follow any type of program? Looking for alternatives if I cant go out and run and all I have is a spin bike. Thanks.

CHSD

WKR
I would have no problem using a spin bike in lieu of running. I would just make sure to get the RPM's up and go for 5 minutes or so. This is not scientific in the least but what I would do.

GrayGoose

Lil-Rokslider
I did the 45-70 program and in one of the first workouts it listed the below alternative for the .5 mile run:
  • 1:00 max jumping jacks
  • 1:00 max mountain climbers
  • 1:00 max high knees
  • 1:00 max butt kicks
I agree with CHSD, the bike will work well as a substitute.

Jakerex

WKR
About two years ago, when we came back from the beach and I saw some pictures that confirmed my breasts were larger than my wife’s, I knew something needed to change. Yes, I’m a man.....something that shouldn’t need clarified, but this day and age....

Anyway, I went to my grandfathers and took his old Schwin Airdyne. Started a 1/2 hour a night. Went from being able to go three miles up to about six miles in a year. Started adding in five pound weights for curls, air punches, and forearm curls (don’t know what the real name for all this stuff is) while I was riding. Now I also incorporate 100 sit-ups and 100 pushups into the half hour. With all this I bike 4 miles.

So, the routine is 30 minutes nightly. Start the clock. 25 sit-ups, 25 pushups. Hop on the bike and start riding with the five pound weights in hand. 40 curls, 25 air punches, 25 forearm curls. Continue to ride and do everything again at the 22, 12, and 5 minute marks.

Next day I skip the weights and only do sit-ups and pushups and ride. Again, 4 reps of 25.

Next day the routine with weights,

Next day off.

The start over for three days in a row.

I’ve lost a ton of weight. I’m ripped from head to toe. Best shape of my life at the age of 41. And the best part, I’ve did all this in front of my TV and watched every Netflix show imaginable. 1/2 hour a night in front of the tv.

The airdyne is a serious workout. Don’t know if there is newer ones, but this older one keeps on ticking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
I find the gym bike (high seat, like a actual bike) is a good workout, just keep the heart rate where you want it. High resistance settings for muscle endurance workout and higher speed/lower resistance for more aerobic workout, both of those workouts I keep the same lower heart rate and average low to mid zone 2 hr zone under AeT.

But that ^ is not a mtn tough workout.