Muck vs lacrosse

Looking for a new high rubber boot. I have been a muck guy and I am happy with the mucks.
But the lacrosse look nice to. Is it worth making the change over? Or just sticking with the mucks?

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't had a pair of mucks, so can't give you a direct comparison. But I currently have 3 pairs of lacrosse. One pair is the base model grange, and is 7 years old. Has been worn a lot for work, scouting and hunting, and are still in decent shape. I have a habit of rolling them down, so starting to show some cracks from dry rot in the areas they bend over. My newer pairs are un-insulated and insulated burlys. They are bulkier than the grange, but I like the tread a lot. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a more hunting oriented boot like the alpha burly or arrowhead. Arrowhead would probably be the next I buy. Size 15 rubber boots are a bit heavy haha

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
I ran Muck's for several years and then picked up a pair of Aeroheads and now the Muck's are strictly for doing chores now. The Lacrosse's are much more comfortable especially when walking a distance and provide better ankle support too

D.Blake

Lil-Rokslider
I like my mucks. I have the wetlands for cruising around when its wet or muddy but i wouldn't wear them if I was walking any great distance. Rubbers have kind of a weird spot in the footwear "caste system" for me. I don't necessarily consider them a go-to hunting boot.. more like a utility tool to keep in the truck in case I need them. My wife calls them my man slippers. I have been known to throw them on with shorts to shovel the driveway or get the mail in the winter. When its not croc season of course!

rayporter

WKR
have the heavy aeroheads for hunting and 2 pair of mucks for chores, one tall pair and a short pair, the shortys get worn the most- they are just plain handy to slip on for chores. i guess that's why they are called chore boots.

the mucks have never been hunting and they are torn up.
not a mark on the lacrosse boots.

as far as warmth goes the mucks are like ice cubes when compared to the lacrosse.

OP
F
have the heavy aeroheads for hunting and 2 pair of mucks for chores, one tall pair and a short pair, the shortys get worn the most- they are just plain handy to slip on for chores. i guess that's why they are called chore boots.

the mucks have never been hunting and they are torn up.
not a mark on the lacrosse boots.

as far as warmth goes the mucks are like ice cubes when compared to the lacrosse.

really the lacrosse are warmer then the muck wetlands?

OP
F
Which lacrosse boots are warmest ?

are there any warm ones that come in just brown? Don’t love camo boots

rayporter

WKR
not familiar with the muck wetlands.
i have the aero form ankle fit lacrosse that, i think, is 7 mm thick. i cant see the
camo-[grin] unless i look down.

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
Which lacrosse boots are warmest ?

are there any warm ones that come in just brown? Don’t love camo boots
sort of subjective for your situation, but they have several models that come with 800g insulation in their green standard color. The aeroheads come in brown and a 7mm neoprene that should be the warmest of that model they make.

I have both and prefer the lacrosse. I feel they are a little stiffer and can do some light hiking in mine if needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7mmag

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had a pair of Lacrosse alpha burly no issues pretty warm for couple hours in tree stand. Wear them mostly for bow hunting only issue the camo on toes wearing out other then that still going strong.

FLAK

WKR
How is the fit on these 2 boots, I dont have either and generally have to
wear a 14 Wide. Looking at getting a pair this season as most of my hunting
is in the swamp.

mcseal2

WKR
I feel like my Lacrosse have better support than the Mucks I had. I got plantar fasciitis from wearing softer soled Mucks on rough ground walking last November. Sorting and working cattle I put in a lot of time walking in them and thought I just made my feet sore. I have been paying for it ever since.

2 pairs of Lacrosse boots now for that type of work, one short and one tall.

Mucks with a heat molded insole for me. I haven't had lacrosse. When I had a pair of mucks leak their customer service was garbage though.

I went with their uninstall chore boot because it was the only one I could find with a vibram sole.

twdjr

WKR
I have used both brands for quite awhile. They both seem to last a few years and then start falling apart for my use. I walk a lot on uneven ground when I use mine. Worse thing for me is my heels rub through the liners and into the rubber after one season in both brands. Once that happens the rubber starts wearing holes in my socks. I've had soles come apart on both brands several times. The price they want for them you would expect better quality and longevity.

OP
F
So it looks like the lacrosse is taking the win here.

I like the alpha burley 1600 but again I hate the camo.

so then there leaves the

alpha thermals which are 7mm And they say is good down to -40

And the Aero insulators which are 5mm and 20mm underfoot. Say are good to -60

ChrisAU

WKR
I feel like my Lacrosse have better support than the Mucks I had. I got plantar fasciitis from wearing softer soled Mucks on rough ground walking last November. Sorting and working cattle I put in a lot of time walking in them and thought I just made my feet sore. I have been paying for it ever since.

2 pairs of Lacrosse boots now for that type of work, one short and one tall.

I also believe my PF issues are from one whitetail season wearing Mucks.