Muck vs lacrosse

snuzzo29

Lil-Rokslider
I like the fit of Lacrosse better than Mucks. Also look at Dryshod boots.

satchamo

WKR
I would say the mucks were more comfortable but with all the exposed neoprene in some models they shred fast here in the briar and barb wire woods of Indiana.

I’ve been running the same lacrosse for 5 years. I believe it’s the alpha burly pro. I love that boot. I have an 1800 gram model for when it’s cooler but like any 1800 gram boot it’s like wearing cinder blocks

OldGrayJB

WKR
How is the fit on these 2 boots, I dont have either and generally have to
wear a 14 Wide. Looking at getting a pair this season as most of my hunting
is in the swamp.
You would probably like the fit of the lacrosse boots. Mine are standard width and they fit like wide width. However, insulation takes up some space inside the boot. My size 15D's with 1000 grams of insulation fit tighter than my uninsulated 14D's.

Tbone58

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t like mucks. I had 3 pairs from the artic pros to woody cool sport. I don’t like them. All three same sizes all fit different. I switched the the lacrosse boots and like them a lot more. The aero heads and comfortable and fit better.

wentright

FNG
My mucks after 10 years got some pen holes in the rubber foot part just think cause they were older. Went with the Lacrosse aerohead sport 3.5mm and real like them more than my Mucks. I like that the hard rubber doesn’t come up as high and give for flexibility to them

JB64

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 pair of Mucks that I have had now going their 4th season. 1 pair is an uninsulated model that gets used a lot from summer scouting, hunting chores and early to midseason hunting. They are showing wear but are light and still waterproof. The other pair are the Arctic Pros, and they only come out when its 40 and below. Awesome boot, never get cold feet. They are bulkier but worth the warmth in the stand and not terrible to walk in either.

Whtail101

FNG
Looking for a new high rubber boot. I have been a muck guy and I am happy with the mucks.
But the lacrosse look nice to. Is it worth making the change over? Or just sticking with the mucks?
LaCrosse makes a great rubber boot. I’m in the market for a new pair myself.

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
have the heavy aeroheads for hunting and 2 pair of mucks for chores, one tall pair and a short pair, the shortys get worn the most- they are just plain handy to slip on for chores. i guess that's why they are called chore boots.

the mucks have never been hunting and they are torn up.
not a mark on the lacrosse boots.

as far as warmth goes the mucks are like ice cubes when compared to the lacrosse.
Respectfully I couldn’t disagree more. I find the exact opposite to be true

CentralFLMike

Lil-Rokslider
I hear mucks are anti hunting... or something like that

In 2014 (I think) Muck Boots donated money to a local animal shelter. It got reported by a meida outlet that Muck donated money to the Humane Society of the United States which, of course, is anti-hunting. Muck issued a statement and it all got cleared up.

Shadow14

WKR
I have a pair of Lacrosse alpha burly I bought last year and wear them all the time. They are the best rubber boots I have ever worn. They are comfortable, durable and high. I wear a 14 in most boots and 15 in shoes. I threw some superfeet blue insoles in there and can walk for a long time comfortably as long as its not too steep. For distance and packing heavy loads, nothing replaces a good pair of hunting boots but rubber boots certainly have their place; especially in some of these Georgia swamps.

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
I've had a pair of uninsulated alphaburly pros for 6 or 7 years, they are still in great shape in have a lot of miles on them. I found a great deal on muck arctic pros last year, i regret buying them. They are uncomfortable, the grip sucks, and i hate not having the adjustable calf. My feet freeze in them unless I'm walking constantly. I'll be sticking with lacrosse alphaburlys from now on.

Marshmi

FNG
Have not been impressed with my muckmasters fit. It’s already been posted in Gear Deals but there is a pretty good deal on alphabury pros on amazon right now... $80-$100 on some insulation weights and camo patterns. Mine are OTW!

DANNY-L

Lil-Rokslider
In past I've always bought lacrosse,mainly because they were affordable and they worked for me. Couple years ago I bought a pair of my first muck boots (arctic pro) they are good boots with good support and I like the soles better,don't seem to get hard when it gets down around 0 degrees. Bought the wife a pair of dry shod last winter and her feet now never gets cold and they don't weigh ya down or too bulky.

jmazz

Lil-Rokslider
Which lacrosse boots are warmest ?

are there any warm ones that come in just brown? Don’t love camo boots

I just picked up a pair of LaCrosse Alphaburly Pro 18" Brown 800G from Rogers Sporting Goods. It says the brown is a Rogers exclusive so you aren't going to find them anywhere else. They're on sale for $129.99. This would be your middle ground for insulation. I also picked up a pair of 1600G in camo off Amazon for the same price. I didn't see any 1600G boots in solid colors for that price.