Mule deer education

I'm just a regular guy from Pennsylvania who's dreamed of being able to hunt out west ever since I was a kid, I've finally reached a point in my life where it's becoming possible and am hungry to learn as much as I can before I head out to start hunting. Mostly interested in elk and mule deer for my first few hunts. What I'm looking for is some good educational material, preferably books but am open to magazine, videos, etc. I've already purchased Robby Dennings book and am enjoying that

jimh406

WKR
First, figure out how to get drawn. For that, Gohunt and Randy Newberg Hunter/Fresh Tracks have good info as well as some states do their own videos on how to be drawn.

The deadlines are closing pretty fast if you want to hunt this year.

OP
P
First, figure out how to get drawn. For that, Gohunt and Randy Newberg Hunter/Fresh Tracks have good info as well as some states do their own videos on how to be drawn.

The deadlines are closing pretty fast if you want to hunt this year.
Don't think it will be this year as lost of my vacation time is already used up elsewhere, really just trying to plan for years to come, I started this thread mostly to find good resources to learn about mule deer hunting, I'm a believer that you can never learn too much lol. The only way I'll be hunting out west this year is I've got a buddy in Wyoming where I'm applying for a tag with roughly 30% odds, so if by some lucky chance I hit that I'll be able to get out there for about a week.

Mt Al

WKR
Mule Deer Country be Valerious Geist, great book about mule deer but not so much about hunting them.

Fogalo

Lil-Rokslider
Don't think it will be this year as lost of my vacation time is already used up elsewhere, really just trying to plan for years to come, I started this thread mostly to find good resources to learn about mule deer hunting, I'm a believer that you can never learn too much lol. The only way I'll be hunting out west this year is I've got a buddy in Wyoming where I'm applying for a tag with roughly 30% odds, so if by some lucky chance I hit that I'll be able to get out there for about a week.
The search function on rokslide is a good resource.