Mule Deer Head Stolen Off Mtn

WCB

WKR
When did everyone get so afraid to shoot stuff? A bear trying to get into my tent is not getting a warning shot #1. It is like all the Sasquatch stories of hunters within feet of the thing and not shooting it...wtf...we've gone soft.

When did everyone get so afraid to shoot stuff? A bear trying to get into my tent is not getting a warning shot #1. It is like all the Sasquatch stories of hunters within feet of the thing and not shooting it...wtf...we've gone soft.
Nothing in the article convinced me that he positively identified the bear, or detailed exactly how it was trying to get in his tent, as he claims. I interpret that as guy got scared when he heard something walk through his camp at night and fired a rifle round from his tent aimlessly. That side story alone makes me question the entire ordeal.

sndmn11

WKR
Nothing in the article convinced me that he positively identified the bear, or detailed exactly how it was trying to get in his tent, as he claims. I interpret that as guy got scared when he heard something walk through his camp at night and fired a rifle round from his tent aimlessly. That side story alone makes me question the entire ordeal.
That, and if I am 8miles from a trailhead and discover my BOAL is missing, I am getting ahold of my buddy who packed me in and LE so they can be waiting at the trailhead and forest road to find my stealer.

Someone stealing your deer from camp and having a bear try to get into your tent are each really rare occurences, yet BOTH happened to this guy at the same time? The story would be more plausible if it was at some ghetto campground outside of a large town that has trash bear problems and high crime rates. Several miles into the wilderness seems highly unlikely.

Someone stealing your deer from camp and having a bear try to get into your tent are each really rare occurences, yet BOTH happened to this guy at the same time? The story would be more plausible if it was at some ghetto campground outside of a large town that has trash bear problems and high crime rates. Several miles into the wilderness seems highly unlikely.
You leave California out of this!

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like Pike national forest behind taryall Reservoir.

Maybe a jilted ex followed him to camp, stole the BOAL, and spread peanut butter on his tent for a bear? @Billy Goat @peanutbutter

6v70z2.jpg

Last edited:

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
i think the bear took it. who would steal a head and leave all of the expensive gear? if you are a thief, you are gonna thief some other stuff too.
Yeah when you tie your food/ meat in a tree, they say to tie the rope up out of way/ more out of sight. Smart bears/ especially the type that have experience stealing from hikers. They see the rope and food and know what to do. I think it’s more true for park bears (like Yosemite) but maybe it’s true for all bears

wyoguy03

FNG
Anybody see or hear about this? How freaking crummy for someone laying in wait and grabs it while he is hauling meat. Friend sent me this and thought worth a share here.

Few weeks after bull elk was stolen out of someone's truck in billings mt