Mule Deer Rut

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone noticing rutting behavior or is it over? I've probably seen over 150 different deer in the last few days in my part of Kansas. The typical buck to doe ratio I've observed is about 1 buck to every 10 does. Of the bucks I've seen, the average age is maybe 3 years old - I saw a total of about 3 maybe 4 mature bucks out of all these deer. I've seen some of the less mature bucks nosing the ground and pushing does around but nothing I'd call rutting behavior. To me, this seems like the rut has come and gone, but the moon is currently waning and I have always been led to believe the mule deer rut is in the later part of November/early December. Just kind of curious what everyone else is seeing. Last year, I saw far more mature bucks during the initial part of firearms season so I'm trying to make sense of it all.

ColoradoV

WKR
I just got in from a little deer watching. Rut is in full swing here at 8,500’ in central Colorado... Saw pry 30 ish bucks today w 2 pretty darn good ones.. All of em in full rut mode.