Mule deer units in Nebraska

DunnCoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
My friend and I are going to Nebraska in early September for archery Mule deer this fall. I mule deer hunt Wyoming during rifle season before but this will be our first experience with archery. We are trying to determine which area of NE to go. We are thinking about the OFW land in southern NE near Imperial, however we were also considering the public land in Northwest NE but have heard mixed reviews about deer numbers.

We aren’t looking to shoot a monster but just want to have a good experience. We are driving from 10 hours away so boots on the ground scouting is going to be hard to get done before we go. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

ChasinDoes

Lil-Rokslider
Been curious about doing this hunt as well since I didn't draw any other tags this year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I hunted near imperial a few years back. Didn’t see a ton of deer but did see a nice buck we had a chance at. There’s lots of open country out that way. Probably not a big revelation but the mule deer stuck real close to ag fields and didn’t come out until right at dark.

I leave out here in imperial. If I may make a suggestion Nebraska game and parks offers a set of maps that shows all public land and road ways in a nice little book and if you do decide to come down there's a phone book/ map that shows who owns what land and who lives in what homes out in the country. Hope this helps let me know if you need anything else I'll help the best I can