Mule deer western Nebraska

Twang10

FNG
Anyone ever had any luck mule deer hunting with a bow out around the Chadron/ Crawford area. I have some buddies that asked me to go with them as this is their first hunt. Iv been to South Dakota before but never Nebraska. From research Iv done it’s tough hunting as always just wondering if anyone has had any luck. What worked maybe point us in a general area. Lot of ground to cover out that way! Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
slow to get a response? man there are like 50 Nebraska threads floating around the forum right now, maybe check them out. Public Land is limited, so it will be tough is the main message in all the threads.

IAMike304

FNG
Just scroll the first 2 pages and you will find the same answers to about 20 other people asking the same questions. Good luck.

D.Blake

Lil-Rokslider
Resident here... Public is packed and numbers are low. You will find less pressure during archery. A mule deer on public in those areas is a tough order.. don't pass on a whitetail thinking there will be a big mulie over the next hill... there likely won't be.

We have dug our own grave here in NE by offering buck tags of all kinds OTC during the rut, so you will find that some get a little grouchy with posts like these.

Some (not all) hunters frequently decide last minute to throw a hunt together and land on Nebraska because tags are easy and theres a couple "big" pieces of public "out west". Some (not all) show up unprepared and turn what little public we have into a total zoo.

Residents of this state are just as guilty as non-residents, and its a small percent of a lot (and I mean a lot..) of hunters who go to western Nebraska that cause problems.. but on such small chunks it can get frustrating.

That being said... Good luck and enjoy your trip. The Sandhills are unlike anywhere else in the country.

OP
T

Twang10

FNG
Thanks yes we are heading out next week weather is supposed to be super warm. I have a coworker that also works for NRCS like I do that also gave me few places to target. I know it’s tough hunt but it still beats work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk