Muley Fanatic Foundation

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
I had the opportunity to attend the Muley Fanatic Foundation (MFF) Banquet last night at the The Ranch, Larimer County Fairgrounds in Ft. Collins. It was awesome. What a great group of people contributing to conservation. It reminded me of our online communities of conservationists. I love being a hunter, I love being around hunters.

I should have gone to that! I stayed in to watch my buddy fight on PPV and he lost a ridiculous split decision

How was it? I have never heard of that foundation.

I used to plan on spending at least a grand at the mule deer foundation banquets but I bought what I was told was an "original" pencil drawing one year for over $2,000. The next year they had the same picture there. Mine wasn't an original anything. I haven't been back since

bnsafe

WKR
dang it, i live half a mile from there and didnt know anything about it. figures

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting. I've never heard of them. So who are they, what are they about, how are they different than MDF?. Do they have a website?

HvyBeams

Lil-Rokslider
Robby,

Yes they do have a website. They started in Rock Springs, Wyoming with a group that split from MDF. That particular chapter was the top grossing chapter in the nation for MDF. They got tired of sending their money to MDF with little in return. The representative I spoke to spoke highly of MDF. The rep explained they just have different opinions on how an Organization should be ran.

It's my understanding with Muley Fanatics 70% stays with the local chapter, and 30% goes to the main office. That differs from MDF as 80% went to MDF, and 20% stayed with the chapter. MDF is putting more money on the ground where it was raised. I think it is a great concept, and I hope MF will be the next great habitat organization.

Last edited:

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I remember when that transition took place, just forgot the name MFF. They are a very efficient chapter and have done some good. Good to hear it didn't turn into bad blood between MFF and MDF- mule deer need all the help they can get.
I'll keep them in mind when looking for places to put funds
Thanks!