Muley noob

I somehow got selected to plan a bow hunting trip to Nebraska in 2022. So far it's 3 or 4 of us. We are all early 40's, decent fitness (career fire fighters) but we are flatlanders (eastern FL). I've been looking into the Valentine and Chadron areas as two of us have been there for Merriam's. We know literally nothing about mulies but are reasonably successful whitetail hunters. So far we are looking into glass options for spot/stalk hunting.
While any and all info is greatly appreciated Im mostly looking for input on lodging. Is it best to plan to camp or is driving out daily from a hotel an option? I assume 4x4 is a must. We are planning to bring canoe/kayak also. Is that a waste of time?

As I said, any info is wonderful but please keep it to PM. I have no interest in spotlighting any area, even 2 years out.

I somehow got selected to plan a bow hunting trip to Nebraska in 2022. So far it's 3 or 4 of us. We are all early 40's, decent fitness (career fire fighters) but we are flatlanders (eastern FL). I've been looking into the Valentine and Chadron areas as two of us have been there for Merriam's. We know literally nothing about mulies but are reasonably successful whitetail hunters. So far we are looking into glass options for spot/stalk hunting.
While any and all info is greatly appreciated Im mostly looking for input on lodging. Is it best to plan to camp or is driving out daily from a hotel an option? I assume 4x4 is a must. We are planning to bring canoe/kayak also. Is that a waste of time?

As I said, any info is wonderful but please keep it to PM. I have no interest in spotlighting any area, even 2 years out.
I’d go hotel room but book it as far ahead of time as you can for a better rate deer season in NE is the busy time of the year rates will go up good luck!

DunnCoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Any reason you are waiting until 2022? Just curious. Why did you choose Nebraska? If you have that much time to plan maybe consider going to an area in another state with an easy draw area. Nebraska was pretty crowded this last year when I was out there for archery. Still had a blast on our hunt though. Feel free to message me if you wanna talk more about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
I
Chose it for: distance, OTC, cost, season length, and peripherals ( speed goats, ducks, etc.) and we are all pretty interested in the sandhill terrain type

OP
I
The wait is the logistics. Lining up our lives takes time and money. And the fact that we all work in the same FD (limited time off slots) means we need a solid plan by Jan 1 to guarantee time off.