Mullen Fire Cheatgrass Treatment

Thought this was cool. For those who don't know, the Mullen Fire was 221K acres that burned in 2020 in southern WY. They treated it for cheatgrass with Rejuvera that popped up the following year and here we are in 2023 with some beautiful green native grass and forb hillsides.

This is turning out to be such a healthy fire in so many spots. I think we'll see some wildlife benefits from it for a while.

WKR
Thats exactly what Fish and Game deptartments should be doing. Lot of people don't pay attention to the seas of cheatgrass that have invaded our western states. Great to see a win. Most cheat seed is only viable 1-2 years. Sounds like this spray may be very effective applied after a burn. Thanks for posting that.

Love the pictures of the natives taking off.

Very cool and thanks for sharing.
I did some work with it when known as Esplanade before it got the grazing label.
It does some cool stuff that is a great tool in the right places.

Rejuvera is amazing I’ve had a trial on cheat/mustards for 4 years and still doing great know on the mt Wyo border they have had some out for 7 years. It really could change range and pasture management forever

vinch

FNG
The use of Rejuvera to treat cheatgrass is a promising approach, and it's great to see that it's working. I'm excited to see how the landscape recovers in the years to come, and I'm confident that it will be a boon for wildlife .

Last edited: