Multi tool ?

STAGHOUND

FNG
I use the Leatherman sidekick it doesn't have as much tools on it as say the super tool but it is light and compact.

Ronin

FNG
Ive carried the same Leatherman Wave everyday for 15yrs or so. It’s bombproof. I once chipped the tip on the blade prying something and they shipped me a replacement with no questions asked.

Maki35

WKR
Leatherman Wave is my heavyduty multitool.

I also have a sidekick and a gerber.

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
Ive carried the same Leatherman Wave everyday for 15yrs or so. It’s bombproof. I once chipped the tip on the blade prying something and they shipped me a replacement with no questions asked.
I broke the tip on mine and filed it down.. just a bit shorter never thought to ask for a new blade!

Amending my earlier post to say that I prefer leatherman, though I haven’t felt the need to try another brand in the last 20. I think you should start with what tools you want and work backwards from there.

I tend to use the following tools:

- knife
- pliers
- scissors
- file
- saw
- screw driver
- bit driver

i look for the lightest tool that gives me all of those and go with it. That usually ends up being 8oz but worth it when the need arises. In their current lone up that is the wave or the charge tti. I have run a wave for a while now but the gut hook on the charge temps me.

kpk

WKR
I have a leatherman wave and skeletool. The wave rusts like crazy if you so much as look at it. Happy with the skeletool.

Carlin59

WKR
Another leatherman Wave (kept in the truck) and Skeletool (kept in Bino harness) user here. Carried the wave in the field for years, and just didn’t use the extra tools enough to justify the weight. The skeletool blade serves as my all-around pocket-knife blade and backup to the Havalon for field dressing.

bsnedeker

WKR
If you are going to keep it in the truck you should get the biggest one they make. I have a Surge and love it...the supertool is also great.

Ronin

FNG
Amending my earlier post to say that I prefer leatherman, though I haven’t felt the need to try another brand in the last 20. I think you should start with what tools you want and work backwards from there.

I tend to use the following tools:

- knife
- pliers
- scissors
- file
- saw
- screw driver
- bit driver

i look for the lightest tool that gives me all of those and go with it. That usually ends up being 8oz but worth it when the need arises. In their current lone up that is the wave or the charge tti. I have run a wave for a while now but the gut hook on the charge temps me.
The Wave or Wave+ fits that bill. I’d say that’s my order of use as well. I will say I use the file way more than I would have ever guessed prior to carrying. An add on I did some years back is the pocket clip. It’s pretty slick and just clips right in using the existing locking mechanism.

seen here: https://www.leatherman.com/pocket-clip-lanyard-ring-wave-charge-surge-130.html