Multi tools, who carries them?

bbrown

WKR
Anyone who is just carrying a leatherman to change the blade on a Havalon - just break the old blade intentionally and install a new one. Stupid easy and no worries about cuts

Lawnboi

WKR
If your carrying a multitool for the havalon knives your kind of defeating the purpose of the weight savings of it. May as well carry a fixed + sharpener and not have to worry.

But I do not carry a multi tool. I have before.... never used it, ever.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
A Leatherman Skeletool CX is my EDC knife, and I did pack it and a Havalon on my elk hunt last year. The Leatherman in my front pocket where it normally goes. I feel naked without it.

I carry a mini multi tool not sure of the weight off hand. The main reason I carry it is for changing out the blades on my havalon. With all this havalon talk I'm wondering why I carry a super light knife that requires me to carry pliers to change the blade on it. Anyone else asking themselves this?

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not a bad thing to carry with you at all. I carry mine on my belt everyday so I'm used to it always being there. Handy little tools that can make a huge difference.

Brent1321

Lil-Rokslider
I carry a Leatherman Skeletool everyday, never leave home without it. Matter of fact, it goes in my pocket as soon as I leave the bedroom. Bet I use it everyday, even if only opening a beer bottle with it. The CX model which is a tad lighter, has some carbon fiber on it, is attached to my pack always. One for home use, one for on-the-trail use.....

Brent

I carry a Leatherman on my gun belt, use it a fair bit. Have even used it to work up an animal or two.
But it's one of the early models, which are lighter than many of the current models.
Hunt'nFish

Ironman

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone who is just carrying a leatherman to change the blade on a Havalon - just break the old blade intentionally and install a new one. Stupid easy and no worries about cuts

I'm step ahead of you then. The only reason I need to change a blade, is because I already broke it. So, in essence, I'm saving a step. Lol