Murph

Superdoo

WKR
Second year for me. 2021 I was in to week 6 of CF. Scaled to ring rows and knee push-ups. My time then was 56 minutes and change.
Today was RX no vest and I finished at 51:26. First run was 7:26!
Next I should be ready for the vest.

OP
C
That was my first one, 45 minutes no vest. Felt cool to be thinking of those warriors the whole time.
Right on. I always listen to Luttrell's speech before I do it. Then about halfway through when I 'm thinking about how much it sucks, I realize what he went through was exponentially worse. Murph did that every Monday. I have to believe he did the pullups strict since that was before crossfit was big. Insane, those guys are incredible.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bozeman

WKR
This year, pulled/tore tricep in murph 'prep' workouts around the 65-67 pull up mark.....have been 'down' for 8 weeks now.....getting too old for this.

CrossFit’s Cindy workout is a great primer.
5 pullups
10 pushups
15 air squats

AMRAP 20 min

Bump on an old thread. I completed my first murph(without vest/weights) about 7 years ago. Did it in 45:xx

Fast forward till present.. I cannot do a murph to save my life. I'm doing a 50% murph at current and using a heavy lifting band to get all the pushups and pullups. I can do the air squats, but the suggestion of the Cindy is where its at.

I can do a 1 mile run no problem but just don't have the muscle endurance to do sooo many reps of pullups or pushups