Murph

First weighted Murph today with the 20# vest! 47:20. I had done 38 min in February unweighted. The second half of the pull-ups were tough with the vest. I can't kip with my equipment. The last half mile felt like all core. Got that high now. Great work out.

God Bless the American soldier!

ShakeDown

WKR
First Murph.

I have a good friend that is an ex army guy, has a torn up knee and gutted out a half Murph this morning. I finished his and did my own.

7BBC0490-184B-463C-8AB6-2CDAB637D549.jpeg

Unweighted. I ended up on my knees doing push ups, and definitely had shit form on pull ups and squats, but went straight through and I didn’t skip a rep or stop to walk the last 1.5 mi.

Superdoo

WKR
I did it for the very first time. Finished at 56:04.
Ring Rows
Knee push ups
No vest
Beginners mistake on the reps. I decided it would be easier to keep track of 10 rounds of 10, 20, 30. That was pretty stupid!!!!

Been doing CrossFit 4 times a week for five weeks prior to today.
If I don’t do a stupid rep count I’m thinking I can smash my time next year.

Shooter28

FNG
42:05 straight thru with no vest. Happy with that result based on how few pull-ups I’ve done the past year.

Both my miles were 7 min which I know I could have pushed harder on.

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
Your runs are superb. If you could get the middle part down to 20 min, your time would be world class.
My runs are 8:30’s but I can knock out the pull-up, push-up, squat section in 20 min or less

Shooter28

FNG
Thanks dude.

Yea it was the pull-ups that hurt my time the most. Push-ups and squats werent too bad. Now the my gym is back open full time, I am going to spend a lot of time working on that and get back to my pre-Covid ability. Pull-ups used to be super easy for me. Amazing how quickly it can be lost.

FlyGuy

WKR
Murph was different for me this year.

I’ve been doing CrossFit for 5 years now and absolutely love it. But, a couple of months ago, right after I returned from a 6 day solo Barbary hunt in NM, I had chest pains towards the end of a really intense EMOM14. Thought it was a fluke but it happened again a couple weeks later. Long story short, I went in for an exploratory angiogram about a month ago and it turns out I had 97% blockage in my LAD (widow maker artery). I left the hospital with 2 stents in my heart and a much deeper appreciation for life and family and friends. I’m 47. Healthy. Don’t smoke, drink very little. My cholesterol isn’t high. And I was extremely close to having my tag punched. I’m still wrapping my head around that one.

My Murph time (no vest) was 59:45. By far my worst time in 5 years. But I finished it. God it sucked but I finished it.

I’m still recovering and honestly the meds I have to take now are really causing me issues. My performance has dropped tremendously. I honestly felt better in WODS before they fixed me, but I’m hoping I’ll adjust to everything and work back up to the level I was at before all this. Really, I’m just thankful to still be on this side of the dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shooter28

FNG
Scary shit dude. Glad you discovered it before it became a serious problem.

Im sure in time your body will adjust with time and you'll be back to where you were.

Good luck!

Btaylor

WKR
Murph was different for me this year.

I’ve been doing CrossFit for 5 years now and absolutely love it. But, a couple of months ago, right after I returned from a 6 day solo Barbary hunt in NM, I had chest pains towards the end of a really intense EMOM14. Thought it was a fluke but it happened again a couple weeks later. Long story short, I went in for an exploratory angiogram about a month ago and it turns out I had 97% blockage in my LAD (widow maker artery). I left the hospital with 2 stents in my heart and a much deeper appreciation for life and family and friends. I’m 47. Healthy. Don’t smoke, drink very little. My cholesterol isn’t high. And I was extremely close to having my tag punched. I’m still wrapping my head around that one.

My Murph time (no vest) was 59:45. By far my worst time in 5 years. But I finished it. God it sucked but I finished it.

I’m still recovering and honestly the meds I have to take now are really causing me issues. My performance has dropped tremendously. I honestly felt better in WODS before they fixed me, but I’m hoping I’ll adjust to everything and work back up to the level I was at before all this. Really, I’m just thankful to still be on this side of the dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The workout inducing the pain probably saved your bacon. Glad you caught it.

hunting1

WKR
First year with plate carrier, BIG difference! Finished 45:13 was happy! Had some flat landers that got sick doing it at altitude and one crazy Marine no vest did 31 minutes and ran extra miles with the slower folks. Was a great turn out and first Murph at the wife and I's CrossFit Box. Good job to all who did the workout!

Attachments

• Murph.jpg
    Murph.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 41