muscle/hydration recovery powder?

Looking for a supplement powder that I can take to help with muscle recovery and hydration recovery for surfing and hunting/hiking. I normally drink a lot of coconut water because it has so much potassium but I know it has a good amount of sugar and costs can add up. Doesn't have to be a hunting brand just any recommendations for some kind of recovery powder that isn't full of fillers and won't break the bank is appreciated

TheGDog

WKR
Sounds like you need to determine whether or not in your recovery drink you need aminos or not.

Their almost all going to have various forms of easily digestable sugars and potassium salts in them. So your next question is... do you just want it to replenish all the electrolytes you're sweating out? Or... are you exerting enough that you feel having some aminos in it too would be helpful to your task?

Third question also becomes whether or not you want a product that gives you caffeine/beta-alanine and/or B-vitamins such as Niacin to give you that rush/flushing feeling.

I will note that products that give you aminos... will tend to sit heavier in your stomach for a few. So if this is something you're wanting to take sips on, along the way, on a longer-ish hike-in... for that purpose, then I'd skip on the aminos. But... if you're cool with drinking it in when you take breaks to stop and sit. Or... it's a drink you keep by your sit when you first arrive at your stand, in order to help prolong how long you can wait on the sit before you finally have to break down and actually eat something, then I'd totally recommend an amino recovery drink. Especially in crazy hot weather when you're carrying a lot of weight in gear.

The same people that make C4... they also make one without the caffeine that is an amino recovery. Works good.

Garryett

FNG
I have tried a bunch of recovery drinks in the past an wilderness athlete hydrate and recover has been the best by far.

OP
bojangles808
Sounds like you need to determine whether or not in your recovery drink you need aminos or not.

Their almost all going to have various forms of easily digestable sugars and potassium salts in them. So your next question is... do you just want it to replenish all the electrolytes you're sweating out? Or... are you exerting enough that you feel having some aminos in it too would be helpful to your task?

Third question also becomes whether or not you want a product that gives you caffeine/beta-alanine and/or B-vitamins such as Niacin to give you that rush/flushing feeling.

I will note that products that give you aminos... will tend to sit heavier in your stomach for a few. So if this is something you're wanting to take sips on, along the way, on a longer-ish hike-in... for that purpose, then I'd skip on the aminos. But... if you're cool with drinking it in when you take breaks to stop and sit. Or... it's a drink you keep by your sit when you first arrive at your stand, in order to help prolong how long you can wait on the sit before you finally have to break down and actually eat something, then I'd totally recommend an amino recovery drink. Especially in crazy hot weather when you're carrying a lot of weight in gear.

The same people that make C4... they also make one without the caffeine that is an amino recovery. Works good.
Don't really want any caffeine and haven't looked into aminos but quick search looks like it will help. It's mostly for surfing I used to take a day off in between to aid recovery but I noticed last couple swells If I drink a lot of coconut water/eat bananas post surf I'm just as fresh the next day and can surf 2/3 days in a row without breaks. Obviously when I go and hunt I'm not carrying bananas and coconut water around so being able to use on hunts would be an added bonus

Last edited:

Outlaw99

WKR

The grind works good for me. Pm me with any questions

mp12

FNG
If I'm exhausted I like to use spirulina powder and ashwagandha powder in water or in a shake (raw milk, banana, pb, oats and maybe a whey protien).

JNDEER

WKR
Having hunted a lot of hot weather here in CA July archery season- I always liked a mix of Gatorade powder and an emergen c packet.

now having hunted lanai in august ... and hunted all day every day from the roads to the water .... won’t nothing helped that dehydration. Liquid IV seemed to make me more thirsty. Tried WA plain and with Gatorade powder- felt better but not fantastic.

went back to just a 3/4 scoop Gatorade powder to bottle of water mixed in with just water consumption- this gave me the biggest energy replenish to keep going another 2 or so hours. Good healthy dinner And repeat the next day.

Looking for a supplement powder that I can take to help with muscle recovery and hydration recovery for surfing and hunting/hiking. I normally drink a lot of coconut water because it has so much potassium but I know it has a good amount of sugar and costs can add up. Doesn't have to be a hunting brand just any recommendations for some kind of recovery powder that isn't full of fillers and won't break the bank is appreciated
I love the Wilderness Athlete Hydrate & Recover for hunting and hiking, especially when I’m dehydrated. I like Slumber from Mtn. Ops when I’m super sore, however if does make me groggy in the morning. I also like the BCAA’s from Bowmar Nutrition to drink with water during or after my workouts to help with sore muscles too. I don’t think any of them are very expensive and they help a little bit!