Music ruins hunting videos !

Shrek

WKR
Am I the only one who hates music in hunting videos ? I just tried to watch the Ibex hunt video by the Journal of Mountain Hunting and I ended up muting it to get through. The music ruined it for me. Let me hear the wind blowing , the crunch of the dirt under your boots , your thoughts , etc. all the natural sights and sounds.
What is your opinion ?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I absolutely agree! If they have music playing.......I turn the video off. I've never heard music while I'm out there, so why would I want to hear it while watching them out there. It ruins the experience.

87TT

WKR
Sometimes I try but it can be just too painful. What makes them think everyone will like their taste in music? Does nothing for the hunt.

I agree and especially with even the better YouTube productions like the Born n Raised guys they all seem to have music come on so loud that I have to turn the volume down so suddenly because it’s blowing out my ears. It literally makes me mad at the time because it’s so sudden and deafening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
What do you guys think of music during the intro but not the video itself?
Hate it ! If the radio is on in the truck playing softly in the background while someone narrates the intro that’s ok but music just to play some music is annoying and if it comes on loud it’s like fingernails on the chalkboard to me.

Buckshotaz

Lil-Rokslider
Most newer videos have a closed captioning option. I simply use this and mute out the sound and read what they say. I am able to watch videos at work and no one knows.

Skyhigh

Lil-Rokslider
Hate it ! If the radio is on in the truck playing softly in the background while someone narrates the intro that’s ok but music just to play some music is annoying and if it comes on loud it’s like fingernails on the chalkboard to me.
Gotcha, I agree that during the hunt I like hearing music a lot less. Would rather have the natural sounds of the hunt and not any sort of music. I do like some intros with music though. For example, The Mountain Project's intro this season plays well with the music and I don't see a loss of quality because of the music.

Gotcha, I agree that during the hunt I like hearing music a lot less. Would rather have the natural sounds of the hunt and not any sort of music. I do like some intros with music though. For example, The Mountain Project's intro this season plays well with the music and I don't see a loss of quality because of the music.
I like that intro as well. They use it appropriately.

Brooks

WKR
I agree. The best hunting shows of all are on YouTube and the very best ones on there are the guys who film their hunts without any music or ads just pure hunting. I don’t
mind a little music like when they’ hiking into a different spot then stop the music and back to hunting......I never watch tv hunting shows anymore......Smart tv and YouTube !!

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
Another thing I like in hunting videos is the animals. Show me what you are seeing ! Not quick cuts either. All the animals not just the trophy you are after.

Fatcamp

WKR
Let's all hate on 3 second editing together, too. Holy shit that ruins it for me.

Same with about any type of documentary. For once, just once!?!!!, I would like to see a WW2 scene that shows an artillery crew prep, load, fire, and adjust in one continuous shot. But oh no! Dipshit film edit guy has to show us all how skilled he is at mixing it up. Hey dude, you are overthinking it! It's been done. Think outside the box and show us something solid and real.

*Throws soapbox into Creek* 😤

Poser

WKR
Try watching skiing/snowboard videos sometime.... I refuse to believe that any person who has ever lived is so goddamn happy and completely devoid of any darkness in their soul that they actually like the music they put on those vids, therefore it’s blatantly disingenuous.

When it comes to hunting films, outside of documenting the adventurous aspects of remote hunts, ive long sense come to the conclusion that hunting just doesn’t make for very interesting film and trying to turn into a action sport film with some “Red Bull music” only makes it worse.

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
Wow. Lots of passionate anti-music people in here.
I don't mind it depending on the video. I just like to watch hunting. Music or not.

oldgoat

WKR
Not just hunting videos either, the music track is almost always so much stronger than the people talking track that I can't understand what they are saying.

Mturney

Lil-Rokslider
I like the intro music but after that lets hunt. The thing that makes me immediately turn one off is when I have to watch a guy prepare a full meal and then eat that meal with no music over the sound of chewing a MH. Sometimes some music is needed.