Muzzle brake stuck inside suppressor

Fish_monger

Lil-Rokslider
so I’m dialing in my rifle for the season. After about 6 shots I tried to unscrew my Dead Air Sandman -S, and the muzzle brake unthreaded from the barrel inside the suppressor.

my gunsmith is also out of town.

what now?

Geewhiz

WKR
I heard somebody say stick it in the freezer for a while. When you get it out loctite the brake to your rifle.

PsRpOiGrRiAtM

Lil-Rokslider
Are there flats on the side of your brake that you can use a wrench on? I have that issue w/ my Silencerco stuff, and typically just use a wrench to break them loose.

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
screw it back onto the rifle. hold rifle straight up and down. tap straight down with a rubber mallet. at least that's how my Sig SD762 can was convinced to give up the not-so-quick detach brake. then i bought the handy suppressor wrench from Sig. even easier, i just leave the can on my tikka tactical....call me lazy.

texjitter

Lil-Rokslider
There are flats on the brake for a wrench. You can put either the brake or the can itself in a soft-jaw vice and crank it loose. I had it happen once on an AR and now I use high-temp Loc-tite when mounted the muzzle device to the barrel and haven't had any more issues (three of my guns have the DeadAir Key-mo mounts for my Sandman-S)

OP
Fish_monger

Fish_monger

Lil-Rokslider
Wrench flats appear to be completely covered, but no worries. Once the suppressor cooled down it popped right off, but now my brake is loose. do you guys usually rocksett these on?

texjitter

Lil-Rokslider
Rocksett, Hi Temp Red Loc-tite. or for the most permanent mount have your gunsmith "pin and weld" the brake to your barrel. Those muzzle devices already come pre-drilled for such installations

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Wrench flats appear to be completely covered, but no worries. Once the suppressor cooled down it popped right off, but now my brake is loose. do you guys usually rocksett these on?

Rocksett works very well, but you must degrease everything thoroughly and don’t be shy with how much rocksett to apply. Degrease the muzzle threads and the threads inside the brake using brake cleaner, etc, and cloths as well as Q-tips. The apply a good amount of Rocksett thread on, then thread off to get it coated evenly, then thread back on and torque. Let stand overnight.