Muzzle Brake

Inline6

FNG
APA Gen 3 gets my vote, I have tried the 419 and really like it. The problem with the 419 I have experienced, the break turns and you have a shift in your zero. I have seen it happen enough at competitions that I no longer run them. YMMV

Has anyone looked into the Patriot valley arms breaks? Been thinking about picking one up.
I have two, an ultralight Jetblast and a backcountry brake. Jetblast is on a 270WSM and the backcountry is in a 300 win. Both are very effective at controlling recoil and aren’t extremely loud from behind the gun, off to the side is a different story.

Tbone58

Lil-Rokslider
I have two, an ultralight Jetblast and a backcountry brake. Jetblast is on a 270WSM and the backcountry is in a 300 win. Both are very effective at controlling recoil and aren’t extremely loud from behind the gun, off to the side is a different story.
Okay thank you. Those are the two I’ve been looking at and doing something similar to that. I have a 7mm rem mag and 300 win mag I want to do something different with. The factory breaks are decent at best.

Landon4

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 419 hellfire on several rifles and a 419 sidewinder on a 300 win mag they work great and are very easy to use with the self timing system. Thinking about getting the tbac mount from them for my 338 ultra

Has anyone looked into the Patriot valley arms breaks? Been thinking about picking one up.
Refreshing this thread, the PVA Shockwave works phenomenally on a 300 win. They now may a lightweight version that is only 2.3 ounces. That would be my pick for the OPs Seekins 300 PRC. Not only does it reduce recoil by 50% it also directs the blast away from the shooter better than any other brake I've used.

Xbow hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered a Tipro 3 today to go on a 22 inch Proof Sendero. Going to be waiting for the Terminus Zeus and Manners EH1 for a while before I get to try it out. Has anyone got a picture of a Manners stock in the Swamp Forged color that they could show a picture of? That’s what I went with and hope it looks as good as I think it will.

Landon4

Lil-Rokslider
I would imagine any 30 cal brake you want as long as you get the correct thread, probably 5/8-24

I should have been more precise. I am looking for the best OD size on a brake to match the OD profile of the barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Landon4

Lil-Rokslider
Lol I though about that after the fact thinking maybe that’s what you meant, what’s the barrel diameter on that rifle

That’s what I don’t know. I’m working away from home right now and can’t measure it.

Lol I though about that after the fact thinking maybe that’s what you meant, what’s the barrel diameter on that rifle

PH1 barrels were 0.700" at shoulder for muzzle threads, I assume they've kept the same contour but not not positive.

I'm not much help on options for matching contour because I'd rather have a bigger diameter (more effective) brake that I can self time and not dick around with shims or a gunsmith turning it down. There's lots of options out there you could have turned down to match contour though.

I've got a APA gen 3 little bastard on my 300prc. It's amazing how affective it is. I shoot 220 eld-x @ over 2800 fps and it recoils like a 308. with little to no muzzle jump.

I’m really leaning towards a TI Pro 4, but I’m trying to figure out what size to get.