Muzzle break for a pencil thin barrel? Worth it or not?

Sled

WKR
I truly have more issues dealing with the blast than I do the recoil, for that reason I'm moving away from brakes and going suppressed.
that's why i went suppressed. after years of explosives work and occasional artillery use i've become sensitive to the concussive effects. just shooting light recoiling rifles i can tell the difference in the pressure wave shooting suppressed vs bare muzzle.

to the op, there are ways to make things easier if you are moving around. the thing to do is stay in a state long enough to get approved and take possession of your suppressor. in the last year and a half i've had 3 stamps approved. all were 4-6 months.

OP
EastMT

EastMT

WKR
I really don’t want to cut a barrel off at 16” and then make it long again with a can. I want a short, light, mini gun. Just dinking around mostly, never built a gun close to 4lbs, seemed like a good idea.

I’ll only have the break on at the range, I don’t hunt with brakes, and use hearing protection hunting also.

The vias brake should be here any day, once I find a cap for it to hunt with, all should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don’t want to cut a barrel off at 16” and then make it long again with a can. I want a short, light, mini gun. Just dinking around mostly, never built a gun close to 4lbs, seemed like a good idea.

I’ll only have the break on at the range, I don’t hunt with brakes, and use hearing protection hunting also.

The vias brake should be here any day, once I find a cap for it to hunt with, all should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get your logic of wanting to shoot braked at the range then remove it for hunting.
The issue is that your gun won't shoot the same with the brake as it does without.
I've tried this on quite a few rifles and the point of impact change can be as much as 8" at 200 yards.
If you're against getting a suppressor I'd plan on just leaving the barrel alone in your situation.
Or run your brake in the woods and prepare to pass on quick shot opportunities that may arise when you dont have ear pro on