Muzzle Break on 7mm mag Tikka T3x superlite?

Gophs

FNG
Interested in the replies. I’m also looking at this gun and caliber for a new rifle

CorbLand

WKR
Should be taking my lite to get one next week sometime. What’s your question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure he’s asking if you can put one on the super light with fluted barrel. Is the barrel thick enough to machine down for a brake?

OP
K

Klawrence

FNG
Thanks everyone. I was wondering if a muzzle break can be put on the Tikka T3X Suoerlite that Sportsmans Warehouse sells for $699? I know a muzzle break can be put on the Tikka T3X Light but wanted to confirm it is possible on the superlite.

Thanks!

slowelk

WKR
Thanks everyone. I was wondering if a muzzle break can be put on the Tikka T3X Suoerlite that Sportsmans Warehouse sells for $699? I know a muzzle break can be put on the Tikka T3X Light but wanted to confirm it is possible on the superlite.

Thanks!

the contour on the barrels is the same, the super light just has the fluting.

wyosam

WKR
I wouldn’t thread it, I’d put the Witt Machine clamp on. Lots of good reviews, and no worries about threading the pencil barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunsmiths will know the proper thread pitch for the diameter barrel being threaded. I just had a 700 done and went with 9/16 by 24 I believe. I used a Ross Schuler 4 port. Very effective and cheap compared to big name brands. He can build a brake that will work. Best wishes

OP
K

Klawrence

FNG
It is an APA Gen 1 Micro Bastard. Threads are 9/16×32.
Ok, thanks. I'm going to get that rifle and a brake and was wondering if you are happy with that brake and threading size or if you would do anything differently?

Thank you!!

Ok, thanks. I'm going to get that rifle and a brake and was wondering if you are happy with that brake and threading size or if you would do anything differently?

Thank you!!
I am definitely happy with the thread size/pitch, I wouldn't go 1/2×28 unless I had to. I am also very happy with the brake. My only other considerations were a Terminator T1 or a MBM 4 port mini beast. As of now though, I'd probably also take a close look at the brakes Ryan is selling in the Rokslide store. The TI Pro 1 looks like it would fit very nicely.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The main question has been answered. I had MBM thread and install brakes on two of my factory tikka's (non-fluted) for the kids. No clue if he's doing installs currently but at the time it was affordable to send the barreled actions to him to do.

Cobra

FNG
Given the input I received on this site I had a local Gunsmith install a Gen 1 Micro Bastard with 9/16×32 threads on my 7 mm Tikka. Also swapped stock out with a Veil Wideland.

Attachments

• 20220505_173951_resized.jpg
    20220505_173951_resized.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 20220505_174010_resized.jpg
    20220505_174010_resized.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 66