Muzzle breaks

Txraider

FNG
New here, so sorry if this has been discussed, but I’m curious if there are any specific breaks that you’d swear by?

BBob

WKR
APA Bastards, Area 419 Hellfire to start. There are many good brake's to choose from these days. You have to ask yourself what you want. Turned to fit? Quick change removable? 3 ports? 4 ports? 5 ports?

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
I would got with the APA Little B breaks or Area 419 Breaks. I also have an TBAC Ultra 9 coming so...you know. 😉
APA Bastards, Area 419 Hellfire to start. There are many good brake's to choose from these days. You have to ask yourself what you want. Turned to fit? Quick change removable? 3 ports? 4 ports? 5 ports?

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Area 419 is extremely easy to time right up. I ran a 2 port hellfire on my 7 ss mag for a year. Wear hearing protection.

I will be running a suppressor from now on.

bluumoon

WKR
Couldn’t find my earplugs this year prior to shooting an elk. My ears rang for a three days and the wife says my hearing is worse..

OP
T

Txraider

FNG
Thanks for the link, I like the way the APA bastard stacks up in his analysis. I wouldn’t mind seeing where insite arms heathen sits on that list. I’d also like to see what people thought about Khantrol solutions. Shot in a match a while back, and the guy who is a part owner in the company was the squad leader, but I haven’t seen a whole lot of them since then.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member

More info on our breaks.

Last edited:

Broz

WKR
If you want quality , light weight and recoil reduction second to none. Buy a TI PRO right here on this site. I have them on 3 rifles and have tested most all the others. I am sold. If you want cheap, then good luck all brakes are not created equal.

Hnttillmt

FNG
Always wonder why I never hear Gentry brakes mentioned. I have shot three rifles with them and thought they were pretty good. Even the 338 rum was not bad for the dozen or so rounds I sent. They call it the Gentry Quiet Brake. I know that seems like an oxymoron but it really was the quietest brake I’ve ever been around.

Tx_300wsm

FNG
I put an APA micro bastard on my tikka t3x 300wsm and like it. Don’t need a Smith to install and has worked well for me. I would buy it again if I had to.

inkedspot

FNG
The Ti Pro 5 Self Timing brake feels like it offers a bunch recoil reduction for the weight. It’s 2.4 oz on my scale. Have them on 3 rifles and they work very well. They are well made and machined.

Weldor

WKR
Remember the days of Winchester Boss and Savage Accubrake. Turn it off while hunting so you don't blow your or your friends ears out. Use it at the range and blow the other guys ears out and give them a blast concussion. LOL