Muzzleloader accessory advice

ROTCatCU

FNG
Hi everyone, I'd like some advice on accessories. I'm always leary of kits, as it seems like they bundle and charge a bunch of overpriced low quality gear.

For a new shooter what would you reccomend for loading, unloading, and cleaning.

Traditions pursuit on order, 209 primers and loose powder for colorado.

Thanks!

Eastcoasthunter94

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve only been muzzleloader hunting for a year but I really like the blackhorn 209 powder tube packs, CVA bullet starter, I weigh my powder out so a digital scale is nice to have, extra range ramrod, bore foam cleaner, lots of dry and wet patches, I also have a waist belt pouch I keep most accessories in when I hunt. Stick to the major brands (traditions, CVA, TC) they all have quality accessories

I’ve only been muzzleloader hunting for a year but I really like the blackhorn 209 powder tube packs, CVA bullet starter, I weigh my powder out so a digital scale is nice to have, extra range ramrod, bore foam cleaner, lots of dry and wet patches, I also have a waist belt pouch I keep most accessories in when I hunt. Stick to the major brands (traditions, CVA, TC) they all have quality accessories
This sums most of it up ^^. I’m not familiar with Traditions guns or what they come with but a good palm saver can go along way at the range. A pick and lube for the breech plug if it’s threaded. Maybe a specific jag for your projectile. I would add a range rod that is a couple inches longer than the field rod can help when cleaning.

Rich M

WKR
A range rod if you can - I have one that is flexible so I use it to clean the bore.

Got lazy and started using pre-cut patches w 50/50 alcohol and windshield washer fluid and was so happy. The 50/50 mix works great and will have a clean barrel in 2 patches used on both sides.

Worst part is cleaning the threads in the barrel for the breech plug. Don't put it away dirty as they rust pretty well w black powder and many substitutes.

Also - get some cheap bullets for target practice. No sense blazing away with $1.50 bullets when you can do it with $0.50 bullets.

Get some anti seize to apply to the threads of your breach plug. Makes breach plug removal a breeze, especially the tool less ones that screw out by hand.