Muzzleloader Scope

fishbeafraid

Lil-Rokslider
I recently bought a CVA Accura V2 nitride .50 cal for both deer and elk hunting here in Utah. Last time I hunted with a muzzy, magnified scopes were not yet legal in Utah. I will likely be running BH209 and a 250g Barnes TEZ (if the rifle agrees!). I will be hunting varied terrain from the thick woods to wide open spaces and would like to be prepared for 200-250 yds. shots. Was thinking about purchasing a scope since I've got no extra scopes lying around. Is there a particular scope or reticle that you guys have found to be especially effective for your muzzleloader pursuits?

I just picked up a used Leupold VX-1 2-7x33 with the rare LR reticle. I paid a premium for it, but I consider it the best muzzleloader scope I've seen to date, and I've scoped my ML with many different models over the years. If you can find one, grab it. But they are hard to find.

If you can't find one, my next suggestion would be a Burris Fullfield II in 2-7x35 with the ballistic plex reticle. Great scope for the money.

rclouse79

WKR
I just ordered a swfa 6x for my savage 220 20 gauge slug gun. I am planning to zero it at 100 and dial after that. I have seen online where others have gone this route on a muzzy. I am excited to see how it works.

OP
fishbeafraid

fishbeafraid

Lil-Rokslider
I'm running a NF NXS 3.5-15X on mine.

What's your budget? Are you planning on holding over or dialing for your further shots?

I suppose that would be helpful! I'm looking to hold over rather than dial. My max would be $500. I guess any old 3-9x could work fine. But I'm more curious what other guys are running on their smoke poles.

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a Nikon BDC that Nikon supports ballistics software to give you your drops. Love mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I suppose that would be helpful! I'm looking to hold over rather than dial. My max would be $500. I guess any old 3-9x could work fine. But I'm more curious what other guys are running on their smoke poles.
The Burris Fullfield Series already recommended are VERY good scopes for the money and most of them have a BDC style reticle that will easily adapt to your muzzy.

260madman

WKR
I just ordered a swfa 6x for my savage 220 20 gauge slug gun. I am planning to zero it at 100 and dial after that. I have seen online where others have gone this route on a muzzy. I am excited to see how it works.

I have a Super Chicken 6x on my muzzleloader. Does very well and I don’t feel I’m lacking anywhere with it.

WKR
I put a SIG whiskey 5 2.4-12x56 on my muzzle loader. Low enough power for close shots and plenty of magnification for any longer range shots. Euro optics has them for 700 currently.

Tbone58

Lil-Rokslider
I put the leupold ultimate slam muzzle loader scope on my traditions. It has the cds on it. I have shot a few deer with it around 100 yards and does really good