Muzzleloader

Jmort1754

WKR
Hey guys/gals, my dad has a few thinks that he wants to do before he passes. Now that I am a bit older I have been able to take him on a few of them. He wants to hunt bugling bulls in Colorado, unfortunately his job does not afford him the time that is needed to prepare to hunt with a bow, therefore we are going to try to draw an area we know well this year. Typically will they be in the rut during that time frame. 9/11-9/18?

Gerbdog

WKR
Should be, yup, whether they will be talking and bugling for the rut... should be. They're animals that communicate with each other to keep things in order and the herd alive. You may need to get in close to them to set them off, but they'll be talking all September.... Whether that's at 2 am with no one around to hear (or so those bulls like to think... ) or 7 am to hunters calls... who knows, too many variables and everyone has a different experience every year with this exact question. One person can be in the same unit at the same time and say they never heard a single elk for two whole weeks and then the next hunter will say he was in bugling elk all week in that unit.

Honyock

WKR
Hunted elk muzzleload in 2020 In the Weminuche. Not a peep until the last day and then it all broke loose.