Muzzy scope? What to buy?

Need to setup my Knight disc extreme with a scope for a New Mexico hunt this year. Have no clue where to start and if they make scope specific to muzzleloaders. I am running 290 grain sabots being pushed by 110 grains of Triple 7 FFFG. The muzzy is very accurate with open sights so I would like to put a scope on it that will do the gun justice.

TheGDog

WKR
I'd say check that states regs re: what's allowed on a Muzzy. Here in LA LA Land, I seem to recall they only allow 1x optics on a Muzzleloader, unless you file a form basically stating you have vision impairment and need more than that.

So maybe check to make sure NM doesn't have something limiting like that out there. Would suck to buy a scope and be very happy with it, only to found out it's against the regs for where you're going.

Pn8hall

WKR
I put on Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42 with ballistic plex reticle on my T/C Omega last year and for the price its perfect for me. No intention to dial ever and with my load zeroed at 100 the drops on the scope line up almost perfect out to 200 yards. Dont have a ton of rounds on it so cant comment on if it will hold zero but the Fullfield II gets pretty good reviews for that price point. I ran a cheap Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 for about 10 years before that and never had any issues with it holding zero especially being a cheap scope. The optical quality on the Bushnell is not very good at low light though.

03mossy

WKR
I have a handful of scopes muzzleloaders but I gotta say this lol s my favorite scope for a hunting muzzleloader.

Leupold Vx5 3-15. It would help to know the ranges you plan to hunt. A vortex viper hs, hst, or pst should all do good. A 2-10 power or even a 2.5-8 or 1-8 might serve you better. I wouldn’t put less than a vx3 on one myself.

FLS

WKR
I’ve always used an FX2 fixed 4 x Leupold with the heavy duplex. Good in low light and fast to get on target.

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
SWFA has several scopes on sale starting at $200 for the 10x42 and 12x42s. The 3-15x42 FFP is $100 off atm too. New Mex elk from my understanding is gunna be mostly over 100yards depending on location but your load is not gunna have much FPE left by 200yards.

Gunna be hard to beat the SWFA SS 10x42 for 2 bills shipped. Its just under 19oz and built like a tank in Japan. Only downside is a 10x fixed will be rough getting on a closer shot fast. Bushnell just released the new Elite 4200 4x line and they offer a 2.5-10x40 30mm duplex for under $300. Korean made though and not Japan.