muzzy trocar

OR Archer

WKR
This is an exact copy of the Rocky Mtn Blitz(also called the Turbo) from a couple of years ago. They did make it 1/16th wide cut from the Blitz. I know around here the Blitz was a very very popular head. Easy to tune and left big wound channels. Hopefully that is still the case with this new version from Muzzy.

I am not a big Muzzy fan. I know there are lots of things about them that are good, but I think there are many other, superior heads out there. I am really happy with my QAD Exodus, for example. Exodus blades are .040" thick, while Muzzys are .027" That's significant. The ferrule of the Exodus is also much stouter and stronger. Sure Muzzys will kill animals, but again, there are much better heads available.

OR Archer

WKR
The Trocar has thicker blades on it. .035 if I remember correctly. It has a different blade locking system. They are all bolted in so there will be better tolerances there versus their standard blade locking system.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
I am not a big Muzzy fan. I know there are lots of things about them that are good, but I think there are many other, superior heads out there. I am really happy with my QAD Exodus, for example. Exodus blades are .040" thick, while Muzzys are .027" That's significant. The ferrule of the Exodus is also much stouter and stronger. Sure Muzzys will kill animals, but again, there are much better heads available.

im an anti muzzy guy myself, but still intrigued by this broadhead.....and OR is right, it is a thicker blade, i believe .035 is correct

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
I will also stick with the Exodus. The new Muzzy looks al ot like a ST, but the ST has another blade.

Lawnboi

WKR
I have never been a muzzy fan but these heads have peaked my interest as well.

Steel construction, thicker blades. They look pretty solid! And I bet they are cheap as well so they may be worth a few shots into foam atleast.

Im still really considering the qad exodus, but I have read even the 'non barbed' version is considered barbed by a few western states.

Lawnboi

WKR
Bringing this back up. Anyone get these and try them yet??

I just ordered 2 packs from cabelas, they are on sale for 25 bucks. Seeing how money is pretty tight I figured these would be a good bet this year for me

OR Archer

WKR
Lawnboi we have been having a hard time keeping them in stock. These broadheads tune up incredibly well. Very sharp right out of the pack. I've not had a customer yet who couldn't get these heads to fly. Definitely a head I recommend.

Derek0525

WKR
Like was said before they are pretty much like the Blitz which is what I use to shoot still have a few Laying around and the Blitz's were awesome. Not sure if its true or not but from what I heard someone that was involved in the blitz wentto work for muzzy after rage bought Rocky mountain so imI'm guessing its pretty much the same head. I still use the blitz for deer and they do make a hell of a hole

OR Archer

WKR
Like was said before they are pretty much like the Blitz which is what I use to shoot still have a few Laying around and the Blitz's were awesome. Not sure if its true or not but from what I heard someone that was involved in the blitz wentto work for muzzy after rage bought Rocky mountain so I'm guessing its pretty much the same head. I still use the blitz for deer and they do make a hell of a hole

Sames guys who bought out Rocky Mtn also bought Muzzy. They made a few little tweeks like slightly thicker blades and the machining on the ferrules is much cleaner. Also the blades are also scary sharp.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
they look sweet, i like my slick tricks but i really want to order some of these and try them

Lawnboi

WKR
Glad to hear some good on these heads. And at 50 bucks for 6 of them what a deal. Beats spending 80+ on the other decent deep six options out there. Mine should be here in a week or so. Ill try to get some real pictures up of them and do some shooting with them.

OR Archer

WKR
I wish we would get our D6 Trocars in. I'm not at all disappointed in my NAP TH Razors but Id like to give the Trocar D6 a go.

Lawnboi

WKR
I got my D6 trocars in the mail today.

These things look, and feel nice! Sharp, thick blades that remind me of slick trick blades. They spin beautifully on the end of my injexions. They appear like they are going to be a real winner, especially for 25 bucks a pack.

OR Archer

WKR
The replacement blades are on backorder as of this point in time. They will be available shortly.

Its MY understanding that a few years back Muzzy bought out Rocky Mountain Broadheads. Now that RAGE has purchased Muzzy they took the Rocky Mtn BLITZ and made a few tweaks and BOOM TROCAR! I like the look...same as OR I am not a Muzzy fan but these are intriguing. I am still playing with others though. TRUSTY RAMCATS, ALSO: RAGE Hypodermic, Epeks, MAYBE Ulmers late season, and Possibly GRAVE DIGGERS.