My 2012 Alaskan Moose Float

burgerta

FNG
This season I did a DIY Packraft Float Hunt for Moose in Alaska. Here is episode 1. More to come as I finish editing.
Hopefully the link works...
Let me know what you think...

[video=vimeo;50812279]http://vimeo.com/50812279[/video]

OP
B

burgerta

FNG
Episode 2

Episode 2 is not nearly as exciting the Bush Flying in episode 1 but it was memorable to me. We worked our tails off for 2 full days to get down into the lower area in the drainage that we intended to hunt.

https://vimeo.com/52357553

JPD350

WKR
Awesome, I appreciate you posting your trip and can't wait for episode 3.

Great tunes as well!!!

Awesome man, this brings me back to my Alaska trip from last year, such and adventure even without the success of killing a moose!! Cant wait for the second half of the movie!

SDHNTR

WKR
Great vids! Really appreciate you taking the time. Dig the tunes too! But I gotta ask, no caribou tag?

OP
B

burgerta

FNG
Thanks guys! Glad you are enjoying!

SDHNTR - When I was doing the research for this trip the biologist for the area said that Caribou sightings were possible but unlikely, he said it was a low potential for Caribou since they usually do not migrate through this area. Along with that, since we knew this creek drainage was really shallow water we decided to use packrafts to combat the low water threat. Good thing we did cause the area had not had any rain in several weeks and water levels were critically low once we were on the ground. Our intention was to Shoot 2 moose but the low water levels would only allow us 1 moose, the conditions dictated what we could go after. Hopefully next time there will be plenty of water and we can load up on a combo hunt!!

swat8888

WKR
For a few minutes I thought you must have been in the fastest cub on earth...then I saw the pilot in the shot and realized you were playing that faster than real time.