My 2013 Big Game Set Up

I have had a few requests to see my hunting rig and since I am fighting off a cold lying in bed....I have some time to get them up!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360594875.978882.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360594909.390665.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360594935.967224.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360594983.455073.jpg

I am running the 2013 matrix G3
28.5"/72#
CBE Tek-Hunter 3 pin all green
Hamskea non-containment to btm limb
Tight Spot Quiver
ABB custom str/cbl 8190/452X
Specialty Super Peep
HUD Bow mount
B Stinger quick disconnect
B Stinger adj side bar mount
15" B Stinger "side rod" in front (4)
10" B Stinger Sport Hunter back (5)
Easton Carbon Injexion 400s
- currently w/ 2.1 fusions from last yrs fletching job have 2" AAE MAX HUNTERS as well

I have been hunting for yrs with a Carter Quickie and will be playing with a Scott Hexx an a Longhorn Hunter as well as still playing with weights and balance position.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's pretty Evan, what kind of speed/ke are you getting from it or have you ran it through a chrono yet?

shaun

WKR
I was throwing around the idea of a side bar and using same stabilizer. I have a ton of front weight right now I have the hogg father extended almost all the way out and I also have the bee stinger pro hunter with the 14oz weight out front. I dont like how much weight is out there

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was throwing around the idea of a side bar and using same stabilizer. I have a ton of front weight right now I have the hogg father extended almost all the way out and I also have the bee stinger pro hunter with the 14oz weight out front. I dont like how much weight is out there

I'm cutting some of my dovetail off so I can scoot my sight in a little. Like you, ton of weight forward.

sk1

WKR

Yikes man that's alot of weight....I was starting to think mine was getting too heavy with a 10 inch b stinger pro 8oz weight and mbg ascent with 6 inch dovetail.

I wanted to play with some weight back and out to the side to better balance the bow and went with the doinker AOSM mount, just haven't had a chance to play with it yet and see if I like it or not

I like the setup Evan looks nice, can't wait to finish getting my
Bow together

Great setup, Evan.

I guess we think alike...I am running basically the same setup this year on my Motive 7 as far as front and side stabilizers go.

Brady

Manosteel

WKR
What's your total weight of the bow with everything on? I have been toying with idea of adding an offset rear stabilizer similar to what you have ( but just one side) but lugging a heavy bow in the backcountry is not appealing to me. How do you find it?

OP
Evan Williams
Evan -are the pins more stout on the 2013 CBE sights?

Matt

I believe them to be yes! I still hands down think that Spot Hogg makes the best pin set-up on the market but the RHINO from CBE is much more solid in construction than the previous pins. Which, yes, I am still shooting.

OP
Evan Williams
Thanks Justin!!

The Hoyt's AP Snow finish is more of a Matte Finish unlike the Elites I have seen which seem a little glossy for me and I have seen and heard from guys hunting that they appear to shine a little so I was really happy to see the matte! It's been a GREAT shooter.

My plan is to short post my draw stop, retime cams (reducing my let-off), and get a little more aggressive back wall like my Spiral X cams on my Pro Comp Elite XL target rig just to get more consistency between my bows.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Just got our chrono working so I will shot a few through before the weekend and get some numbers posted!

Bout time you got that thing working haha. I'm headed down there today or tomorrow and was gonnna bring a extra 9 volt battery for ya :D

Oh and his "pretty bow" is pretty badass. I drool over it when I'm down at his shop. Definitely a great setup man.