My 2015 Wyoming Archery Bull

Maxhunter

WKR
Well I haven't been on the site for sometime and thought I'd post a the bull I took this past September. This a general unit area. I hunted solo for 10 days and was fortunate to take this great bull. I took my bull on the 15th of September at 7:30 am. It was drizzling rain and I was still hunting through through a north facing slope where there's a saddle about 2.5 miles from any road. I knew there was elk in the area beacuse I heard some bugling a couple of days before, but the wind was wrong to pursue them. The herd came by first and then about 2 minutes later here comes the bull out of a little draw. I think he was rubbing a tree. The shot was 38yds uphill and I had no time to pull the rangefinder out. After the shot I ranged a tree the bull was standing next to and it was exactly 38.1yds. Also it immediately after the shot the skies open up and it rained hard for about 30 minutes hard. I waited 30 minutes and tried to find a blood trail but the rain had washed it all away. I headed the direction he ran after the shot and only went maybe 10yds and there he was all piled up about 35yds from where I shot him. I made a perfect double lung shot. I took my pictures and then quartered him up. I packed meat until 10:00pm that night. It was drizzling rain the whole time and the steep slopes were slippery with mud, and it was like waking on ice. I only fell once on my butt. I could only get 3 quarters out the first day and had to come back the next for the horns and the last quarter, and of course it was still raining. Good thing I had my KUIU rain gear to keep me dry. He's a 6x7. I had the bull officially scored for P&Y and he grosses 364 even and 348 7/8 net. This is my biggest bull to date.

Attachments

• IMG_0479 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0479 (1024x768).jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 566
  • IMG_0482 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0482 (1024x768).jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 414