My 2019 Food prep for 20+ Days

So I hope this helps some of ya out with idea's.
Not pictured I added 1 cliff bar and 1 Probar meal per day. Or my dehydrated which is a mix of Peak & MH
The cal count is average for each brand and may be off by 200 cal per day.
Flavor drinks not count in cals.
Instant coffee and black rifle in tea bags

Weight who cares. It decreases daily. 🤪
I also will have 4-5 days of bacon and eggs at the truck.
20190727_153013.jpg20190729_193816.jpg
20190727_153013.jpg20190729_193816.jpg20190729_185338.jpg

TC406

FNG
Looks good! Lots of dense calories for lots of miles. What's your itinerary like? Hunting with camp on your back, or setting a spike camp? Taking it all, or leaving half at the truck?

OP
BRTreedogs
Looks good! Lots of dense calories for lots of miles. What's your itinerary like? Hunting with camp on your back, or setting a spike camp? Taking it all, or leaving half at the truck?

We kinda do both, set up a base/truck camp and almost always have camp with 1 or 2 nights food on back. I'm just to lazy to walk back every night.
Most we really would do is 4-5 days at a time.
Just kinda depends what the Elk are doing. We'll take any punishment we have to to stay on them.
But if there just no where to be seen not afraid to March out and move truck camp.
I've never really packed in and spiked before but always an option if need be.

Were hunting 2 states archery this yr.
Whatever I dont use for food bags I carry over to shed hunting.

UtahJimmy

WKR
I get bored after eating the same thing 2 or 3 days in a row and start stealing things from other days. Guess you don't have to worry about that when every day it's the same?!?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
BRTreedogs
I get bored after eating the same thing 2 or 3 days in a row and start stealing things from other days. Guess you don't have to worry about that when every day it's the same?!?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Haha some of the stuff is different flavors.
But no I don't generally have that problem.
There's Bulls to chase the food just propels that.
With the exception of those cheap trail mix bars from Costco in purple box.
Ugg I never want another one of those.

jmcd22

WKR
Have you ever had Justin's Nut Butter? I bought some of those to put on my Honey Stingers last year and that combo was awesome.

OP
BRTreedogs
Have you ever had Justin's Nut Butter? I bought some of those to put on my Honey Stingers last year and that combo was awesome.

Sure downed about 50 packets last season.
Caught the Rx pb packets on sale this year.
The F bomb macadamia sea salt is the freaking top bomb diggity, easily 10 times better then justin's.
But not good enough I'll pay $5 packet.

jmcd22

WKR
Sure downed about 50 packets last season.
Caught the Rx pb packets on sale this year.
The F bomb macadamia sea salt is the freaking top bomb diggity, easily 10 times better then justin's.
But not good enough I'll pay $5 packet.

For some reason I thought the F Bomb was more of a liquid? Is it a spread like Justin's?

I've packed food like this for the last few years and to be honest, I miss the truck camping days with a stove and skillet haha. Luckily we drew a rifle mule deer hunt in the desert so no backpacking required this year. Back to the cooler full of food and a stove to make it!

OP
BRTreedogs
For some reason I thought the F Bomb was more of a liquid? Is it a spread like Justin's?

I've packed food like this for the last few years and to be honest, I miss the truck camping days with a stove and skillet haha. Luckily we drew a rifle mule deer hunt in the desert so no backpacking required this year. Back to the cooler full of food and a stove to make it!

F Bomb has Nut Butters and Oils.

Clarence

WKR
I admire your mental toughness and lack of attachment to "real" food. You definitely have what you need, I would struggle repeating that many days. Stuff gets real when you lay it all out organized like that! Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
BRTreedogs
Here is 11 days for the 2021 season.
Changed a few things up.
Average calories per bag.
Gummy bears and drink mixed not counted.
Just some more ideas for those that need them.
20200708_170224.jpg20200708_170233.jpg20200708_171826.jpg