My 2020 recurve elk hunt

OP
HunterHawk

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
Going recurve is pretty badass. Congrats man. I have yet to bowhunt but am gonna be grabbing a compound. Maybe someday I’ll get up the nerve to try a recurve.
Apparently i wasn't getting notifications! Yeah man grab a bow get practiced up and get out there, weather is nicer (main reason i archery hunt..im a sissy... shh) but the other thing if you time it right like we did on this trip the rut cant be beat plus having them up and close, no better experience! Once you get hooked with archery give recurve a go.. a whole different ball game.. a lot more practice.

OP
HunterHawk

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
Right on man that’s awesome! You looked like a giddy little kid! Haha Be proud of that bull! I commend you and your dedication to the recurve, it’s not easy to master.
Heck ya! I was definitely a gitty little kid! Definitely proud of that bull,i definitely wanted a 350+ but in my eyes this was! And this was definitely a big dedication, literally shot my bow every day except weekends.. took a day or two off on weekends but, i shot constantly because i needed to so i didn't blow it! Had the compound in the truck and mostly stuck to the recurve through positive reinforcement from my dad and hunting buddy to give me that extra confidence to stick with the recurve!

cronsman

WKR
Thats awesome, I killed my elk at 8 yards this year with my compound. Ultimately pushed me to pick up a trad bow haha

OP
HunterHawk

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
Nice! I was hoping this one would come in to 8 yards! I wasnt expecting him to run in like a freight train and run out like a steam engine going down hill! Good luck with the trad!

OP
HunterHawk

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys! Hope you all have good elk seasons this year, I doubt I'll make it out for a hunt this year unless I'm a weekend warrior as I will be headed to MI to get my dad his first bear with a recurve (hopefully) in the upper peninsula at our cabin.